Keyword

Re: Comment notification

• Harald Liebetegger
  • Harald Liebetegger's Avatar Topic Author
More
12 years 7 months ago - 12 years 7 months ago #62619 by Harald Liebetegger
Re: Comment notification was created by Harald Liebetegger
Is there anybody out who can answer this seeming simple question?

Frankly, this is my second question I ask to the K2 community and this is the second where I do not get any qualified answer... Is this maybe downgrading the quality of K2?

( I'm talking about this
getk2.org/community/New-to-K2-Ask-here-first!/6594-Comment-notification#8421
)

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
12 years 7 months ago #62620 by Aaron
Replied by Aaron on topic Re: Comment notification
Harald,
If it helps any, I am very new to K2.. I have only been using it (on my dev site only so far) for about 2 weeks...
In TWO WEEKS I have accomplished as much, if not more, than 2 months of coding with mighty extensions.

I just got on the forums today and have been reading and have made a few posts, it does appear that the forum here is quite helpful.

With that said, I thought I had the same problem but I can't seem to get any email from my site at all. I have included a screen shot of my parameters of how it SHOULD work. I know that is not a lot of help but I can assure you that this particular feature is quite important to me as well and if it is truly a bug, I'll stand with you in working through the problem.

Aaron :)
Attachments:

More
12 years 7 months ago #62621 by william white
Replied by william white on topic Re: Comment notification
I think there is a misunderstanding here of what K2 is set up to do. As far as i know K2 by default does not send an email to anyone when a new comment is made.
The extension from Jiliko.net which can be purchased from K2Joom.com is K2Autonotify.
It will notify when a new item is posted and/or when a new comment is posted.
There is not a "report this comment" as far as i know in any extension for k2 comments.
K2autonotify will be out for K2 2.5 soon if it is not already compatible.

Other approaches i have seen but not used are discus comments integration with K2 and jcomment integration with k2

More
12 years 7 months ago #62622 by Aaron

William White wrote: There is not a "report this comment" as far as i know in any extension for k2 comments.

I appreciate your feedback William, but I am confused by the above statement. As you can see in my screen shot, there clearly is a reports comments field. I do not have any of the named extensions loaded. I have a clean install of Joomla 2.5, K2 (2.5.4) and what comes with K2, and allvideos.

If K2 does not send email, what is it used for and why would it ask for an email address?

More
12 years 7 months ago #62623 by Simon Wells
Replied by Simon Wells on topic Re: Comment notification
K2 Comment reporting works like this.
You select if you want to allow comment reporting, this places a "report" link within the comments that are posted. Once the link is clicked a modal is open to allow a report to be sent to admin so that they can action on the comment.

The associated parameters functions in the Comments tab of K2 global parameters are:
  • Report comments. Select if you wish reporting to be disabled, enabled to everyone or only registered users.
  • Comment reports recipient: Enter the email address of the person that will be notified when a comment has been reported.

This will not notify anyone when a comment is posted.
It will only notify when an already published comment is being report, due to spam, bad language etc.

If you want to be notified when a new comment is added, then you could use our K2 MultiNotify.
This will notify any selected admins when a new comment is submitted and control if it needs to be approved before publishing. On the front end, you can allow visitors to subscribe to the comments, so that they are notified when a new comment is added, they do not need to be a registered user.

In addition to comments, admins can be notified when a new item is submitted so they can then approve it. Again, users can subscribe to a category and will be notified when the item is published.

These same functions can be done per author too.

Finally, all three of these notifications can be controlled global, per category and at item levels!!
And one last things :) The subscription to comments, cats and authors can be placed anywhere on the web page, simply by specifying a class or id and selecting to load it before, after it or above or below the container.

Please feel free to check out K2Joom for more information, screenshots or check out the blog link to see the category subscription displayed in the right column, outside of K2.

Simon

More
12 years 7 months ago #62624 by william white
Replied by william white on topic Re: Comment notification
@aaron You are correct, In my use of k2 comments, i allow people to make comments, but i never publish them, as they are comments to "families of deceased" and i have to screen them, some being personal etc etc, and then print them out with a plugin i have to do that. Thanks for pointing that out!

More
12 years 7 months ago #62625 by Aaron
@Simon
Thanks for the clarification. I didn't think of "report comments" as one user reporting a comment from another user. That makes perfect sense now.

@William
..just my confusion with how everything works, I have settled on K2 for my new site so I will become quite familiar (I hope) with how everything works