Moving to a new server

• David Rogers
  • David Rogers's Avatar Topic Author
More
12 years 7 months ago #62626 by David Rogers
Moving to a new server was created by David Rogers
Hello,

Tearing my hair out a bit here.

I am trying to move a website to another server. This is the website on the new server

deepblue.a10smhost.com/

The client will not let us have back end access so we have had to move the files and the SQL database manually.

now if you click on Apartments, that utilizes K2 but the page will not load and bring up a HTTP Error 500 (Internal Server Error) message.

Now this should be an exact replica of the website on the old server and I have no idea where to start looking to fix this. i have seached these forums and not found anything.

Are there some setting I need to change here or is it possible that SH404SEF is messing it up somehow?

Thanks for your time!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
12 years 7 months ago #62627 by william white
Replied by william white on topic Re: Moving to a new server
Have you tried turning sef and htaccess off?
Does client really want site fixed?

• David Rogers
  • David Rogers's Avatar Topic Author
More
12 years 7 months ago #62628 by David Rogers
Replied by David Rogers on topic Re: Moving to a new server
Hello,

Thanks for you reply. Yes tried turning SEF off.

As to answer your question No 2, we are hoping the client does not and want to put a proposal forward to start from scratch. I have no idea why their previous developers used K2 for it and think it would be cheaper to start again with some commercial property software than sort this mess out.

This site was only built last year!

Until we get the go ahead I need to get this one up and working though.

Another problem we haver is the client would not let us have access to the back end so we were unable to use Akeepa backup.

We had to transfer the files and database manually, not sure if that would throw any light on the problem.

Do you think the problems point to the SEF?