Keyword

User article submission - possible with J2?

More
12 years 7 months ago #62836 by Greg
Hi,

First off I'm fairly new to Joomla so I apologize if things have to really be spelled out to me.

I'm just really struggling to allow users to submit an article through J2

I wondered is there any module or way around that lets users submit an article that can then be approved to publish in j2

Many Many Thanks
Greg

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
12 years 7 months ago #62837 by william white
Replied by william white on topic Re: User article submission - possible with J2?
In K2 for Joomla, its called front end editing.
Create a K2 user group and assign them permissions
Add a user to that k2 user group
Publish the K2 Login Module

More
12 years 7 months ago #62838 by Aaron
In the K2 component on the admin side, click on Parameters then permissions. By default, authors are the lowest level to be able to create items (as well as edit their own).
I haven't figured out yet (as I am also new to K2), how to prevent the new item from being published once it is submitted.

Aaron :)

More
12 years 7 months ago #62839 by william white
Replied by william white on topic Re: User article submission - possible with J2?
Check the user group settings....there is an allow publish setting

More
12 years 7 months ago #62840 by Greg
That's fantastic it worked like a treat. Also when I changed the permissions that way it allowed to to add the item 'Item Edit form' which works in the same way. Thank you to both of you!

I think I can help you too though Aaron I'd already thought of how to stop users from being able to publish articles. I simply created a category called submitted articles and only gave users permission there. I then didn't put any links to this category and could only see it in the back end. It still keeps the option for it to be published but it never appears on the site

Many Many thanks to both of you

Greg

More
12 years 7 months ago #62841 by Aaron
Thanks Greg! I appreciate that tip! I will keep it mind and let you know what I ended up doing...

Aaron :)