Keyword

Disable images in K2 from acting like links.

• Brian Smith
  • Brian Smith's Avatar Topic Author
More
12 years 7 months ago #62879 by Brian Smith
Hi,

I'm having a problem with images loaded on pages in K2 acting like links where they want to I'm assuming open in "Light box". We would like to remove the ability for these images to act like links and just be pictures on pages without any light box feature. Is this possible?

I've tried some solutions from the old forum working with the item.php file and removing the light box code but seems that I'm not able to find the item.php file that K2 is working from.
You can see an example on one of the pages here on our site: [url=http://http://173.199.153.102/index.php?option=com_k2&view=item&layout=item&id=40&Itemid=35][/url]

Thanks in advance for any ideas/suggestions greatly appreciated! :)

Brian

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
12 years 7 months ago #62880 by william white
Replied by william white on topic Re: Disable images in K2 from acting like links.
To locate the item.php file
check the category and see if threre is a template selected at the top right
if there is something other than default
look in Yoursiteroot/templates/YourTemplate/html/com_k2/templates/TemplateName for the item.php file
Also, check and see if default was copied to that location
If neither is the case check COMPONENTS/com_k2/templates/default/item.php

• Brian Smith
  • Brian Smith's Avatar Topic Author
More
12 years 7 months ago - 12 years 6 months ago #62881 by Brian Smith
Replied by Brian Smith on topic Re: Disable images in K2 from acting like links.
Hi William,

Can you tell me the exact code I need to remove to disable the lightbox? I'm still having an issue with pictures that have been added in K2 acting like they are clickable links. If someone may be able to add to this discussion with a solution would be awesome! Thanks!!

Brian