Keyword

Extend item sections / Nested extra fields

• SolarShip
  • SolarShip's Avatar Topic Author
More
12 years 7 months ago #63115 by SolarShip
Hello,

I have some questions about modifying the item description section.
I'm right now evaluating K2 for a holiday resort page and therefore I need some more forms in item description.
Is it possible to create extra sections, like the already existing ones description, image, image gallery,...?
Is it possible to divide the plugin section, for placing the plugins in other tabs (I'm using K2 Tabber Pro)?
Is it possible to create/assign more and/or create nested extra fields for an item?

Well, a lot of questions, but hopefully some of you can help me in this issues.

Thanks & cheers,
SolarShip

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
12 years 7 months ago #63116 by Aaron
I am fairly new as well but have run into some of these... hopefully I can be helpful:

Is it possible to create extra sections, like the already existing ones description, image, image gallery,...?

Yes, through extra fields and modifying the template, you can display extra fields.

Is it possible to divide the plugin section, for placing the plugins in other tabs (I'm using K2 Tabber Pro)?

I am not familiar with tabber pro. I am not sure how it works to create the tabs (ajax?) but it should be possible based on the same answer above.

Is it possible to create/assign more and/or create nested extra fields for an item?

Creating more extra fields seems to be a core hack. There is some software out there but in my research didn't find, for me, that they were extremely useful as they didn't seem to EXTEND the use of the extra fields.. instead they just added to it. Consider how you want the information to be displayed... It may be possible for you with the given fields and a customized template. This is the option I am using and it seems to be working out great.

Aaron :)

More
12 years 7 months ago #63117 by Jakub Jedynak
Replied by Jakub Jedynak on topic Re: Extend item sections / Nested extra fields

Hermann wrote: Is it possible to create extra sections, like the already existing ones description, image, image gallery,...?

a. description - yes [textarea]
b. image - no
c. gallery - no

I think there is a plugin in JED that extends extra fields - maybe it will help with 'b' and ''c'.

Hermann wrote: Is it possible to divide the plugin section, for placing the plugins in other tabs (I'm using K2 Tabber Pro)?

I'm not sure if you can do that with K2 Tabber Pro version, but changing default template from K2 Tabber Free (basic PHP knowledge required) you can place anything in tabs - plugins also, but I think only all plugins in tab (not one plugin per tab).

Hermann wrote: Is it possible to create/assign more and/or create nested extra fields for an item?

There is a plugin in JED OR was some solution here on forum (probably the second option) - I don't remember exactly.

• SolarShip
  • SolarShip's Avatar Topic Author
More
12 years 6 months ago #63118 by SolarShip
Replied by SolarShip on topic Re: Extend item sections / Nested extra fields
@ Aaron: thanks for suggestions. I'm doing research right now for that.

@ JJ

Jakub Jedynak wrote:

Hermann wrote: Is it possible to create extra sections, like the already existing ones description, image, image gallery,...?

a. description - yes [textarea]
b. image - no
c. gallery - no

I think there is a plugin in JED that extends extra fields - maybe it will help with 'b' and ''c'.

Nope, there is nothing right now for actual Joomla and K2

Jakub Jedynak wrote:

Hermann wrote: Is it possible to divide the plugin section, for placing the plugins in other tabs (I'm using K2 Tabber Pro)?

I'm not sure if you can do that with K2 Tabber Pro version, but changing default template from K2 Tabber Free (basic PHP knowledge required) you can place anything in tabs - plugins also, but I think only all plugins in tab (not one plugin per tab).

I'm using the Pro version already, but this has only 1 plugin tab for all of them. Asked them if is it possible to split into more tabs.

Jakub Jedynak wrote:

Hermann wrote: Is it possible to create/assign more and/or create nested extra fields for an item?

There is a plugin in JED OR was some solution here on forum (probably the second option) - I don't remember exactly.

[/quote]
Yes, there is one, but as before, not for new J version :(

Anyway, thx for your help
SolarShip