Keyword

K2 and Module Positions

• Seth Hoffman
  • Seth Hoffman's Avatar Topic Author
More
12 years 7 months ago #63133 by Seth Hoffman
K2 and Module Positions was created by Seth Hoffman
Hi there,

I am using K2 2.5.4 on a new J1.7 install. On the homepage, I have the items displayed on the homepage by their thumbnails. The idea is that people can click through to view the whole article. When they click through, all the modules from the homepage are displayed, even though I have set each one to only display on the homepage. I have turned off Gantry's "Menu-Less" page feature so it should only be displaying the article but unfortunately it is not. Can anyone out there help me?

You can view the frontpage category blog here: catchfirecreative.com/2012/index.php#rt-mainbody-panel

Thanks a lot,
Seth

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
12 years 7 months ago #63134 by Aaron
Replied by Aaron on topic Re: K2 and Module Positions
I am not overly familiar with Gantry's framework so I am can only speculate. When I look at your page, the menu seems to link to anchors on the page. when I click on an article title, it takes me to that page but all the way at the top (I am using Chrome).. not sure if you were aware of this.
1. Try changing to a stock template and see if the modules work correctly. If they do, you know it has something to do with your template.
2. Anyway.. I would unpublish all of your items and menus except for one to test and see if you can get it to work then.
3. Also, I have had times when, for whatever reason, Joomla couldn't tell which page I was on because of the way I set the link... you may want to try recreating a menu link directly to the item and see if the modules show up.

Hope this helps!

Aaron :)

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.