Keyword

Associate an itemID with K2 Content module?

• Chris Clay
  • Chris Clay's Avatar Topic Author
More
12 years 7 months ago #63184 by Chris Clay
Hi,

I have the K2 Content module on my home page to display "Latest Tutorials", but clicking on any of the links loads a K2 item with no breadcrumbs (the breadcrumb just says "Home"):

www.digitalbloom.ca/

However, in my main menu I have a link to my main Tutorials category and browsing to an item that way shows the breadcrumbs.

Here's an example:

Link via the home page K2 Content module:
www.digitalbloom.ca/component/k2/item/25-add-a-product-with-redshop

Link via the main menu to the same item:
www.digitalbloom.ca/joomla-tutorials-support/tutorials-k2/item/25-add-a-product-with-redshop

Is there a way to associate the links in the K2 Content module with the itemID of a menu item?

Thanks!
Chris

Owner, Clay & Co.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Chris Clay
  • Chris Clay's Avatar Topic Author
More
12 years 7 months ago #63185 by Chris Clay
Replied by Chris Clay on topic Re: Associate an itemID with K2 Content module?
Anyone? I've attached a few screen captures showing the problem. Any suggestions would be appreciated :)

Chris

Owner, Clay & Co.
Attachments:

More
12 years 5 months ago - 12 years 5 months ago #63186 by Mike
I finally figured it out! After spending half a day trying to solve this category/ID link problem, I stumbled across a post that gave me a clue. And there are so many other people experiencing the same issue, but every post states their problem slightly differently because it is difficult to describe.

Basically this was the problem I had...
My home page was using the K2 content module to pull a listing of the latest blog articles. It was pulling the blog articles fine, but when you clicked on one of the titles, it took you directly to the article. Instead, I wanted those links to go to the main user blog or category page because I was using other modules located there.

This is what you need to do so those links don't go directly to the component article...
Create a sub-menu item located under the parent menu. Even if the sub-menu item is hidden, publish a K2 item menu or K2 category menu under your main blog menu (the parent item). This will make the breadcrumbs work properly. (Also make sure your modules are linked to these new sub-menu items.)

Like this...

Home
About
Blog
-K2 Item (this can be hidden)
-K2 Category (this can be hidden)
Contact

Hope I explained it well enough and hope this helps someone.
-M

More
12 years 2 months ago #63187 by Josiah
I still can't get this to work, even after creating menu items are hidden link and putting them under both home and blog. I don't know what I'm missing. It is frustrating.

More
12 years 2 months ago #63188 by Lefteris
@Josiah

If your home page has K2 content try to use a menu link to K2 instead of the module.

JoomlaWorks Support Team
---
Please search the forum before posting a new topic :)