Keyword

How to display K2 component on front page?

• Yamin Zakaria
  • Yamin Zakaria's Avatar Topic Author
More
12 years 6 months ago #63326 by Yamin Zakaria
How to display K2 component on front page? was created by Yamin Zakaria
Hi

I have migrated my Joomla content data to K2, how do I display the contents on the front page.

I am using Joomla 2.5 and the latest K2 version.

Regards

Yamin

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
12 years 6 months ago #63327 by Aaron
A couple ways...
In the menu type setting under the K2 section you will see:
K2
  • Item
  • Item edit form
  • Categories
  • Tag
  • User page (blog)
  • Latest items from (one or more) users or categories

The ones in bold can easily be your front page depending on your content and other preferences.

For my site, I use the Categories type and point to my parent category and display my subcategories so when my users get to my site, they have a nice choice of where they can navigate to.

Hope this helps!

Aaron :)

• Yamin Zakaria
More
12 years 6 months ago #63328 by Yamin Zakaria
Replied by Yamin Zakaria on topic Re: How to display K2 component on front page?
HI

Thanks, I am not sure how missed the "latest categories". But of course this brings new problem, my "read more" button in the joomla content is far better than the ones in K2. I am sure there are ways to modify that?

But I am not sure what you mean here "Categories type and point to my parent category and display my subcategories so when my users get to my site, they have a nice choice of where they can navigate to. "

So do you display the subcategory in the main pages. Thus the latest articles from each category shows there?

Regards

yamin

More
12 years 6 months ago #63329 by Aaron
when you setup your menu item, you also have to set your preferences in the category setup. Depending on how you set up your categories, you can display subcategories (or not), items (or not), as well as images, descriptions, etc...

I still have a ton of work to do on my site but take a peek on how I set up my main page:
heirchex.com.previewdns.com/00dev/
(This link is my dev site and will break once I go live in a few weeks)

• Yamin Zakaria
More
12 years 6 months ago #63330 by Yamin Zakaria
Replied by Yamin Zakaria on topic Re: How to display K2 component on front page?
Hi

This dose not answer my point because it seems K2 (Latest items) is designed to publish the items from the various categories that have been selected to publish on the front page.

Whereas I want it to display the latest articles regardless of its origin in terms of their category of origin, this is how it is setup in the basic Joomla Content.

Also is there a way to remove the child category that appears on the main page, that is just ugly and not needed.

Regards

Yamin

More
12 years 6 months ago #63331 by Aaron

Whereas I want it to display the latest articles regardless of its origin in terms of their category of origin, this is how it is setup in the basic Joomla Content.

You have to set your category in the K2 component. For instance, if you set the Catalog Mode as YES, then only the items DIRECTLY in the category will be listed. If you set the Catalog Mode as NO, then any item in the category or subcategory will be displayed.

In the menu item, you can display the items by inheriting from category or several other options (in the Layout options for single category selection section).

Also is there a way to remove the child category that appears on the main page, that is just ugly and not needed.

I haven't found a way yet but please share if you find one.. I will share if I find it first :)