Keyword

Trouble Uploading Images in K2 Items

• theandygram
  • theandygram's Avatar Topic Author
More
12 years 6 months ago #63511 by theandygram
Trouble Uploading Images in K2 Items was created by theandygram
I recently downloaded Admin Tools and used their Fix Permissions feature. This has completely screwed everything up with my site as far as permissions are concerned. I was advised by the maker of Admin Tools, Nicholas at Akeeba to have my hosting company (which uses suPHP) to change ownership to all the directories and files for my site to the same ownership as the FTP user. They did this. Since then, I have not been able to upload a photo to a Joomla item. It appears as though it is uploading it, but the item reloads and the same image is there. If I try and remove the image, the same thing happens, I got back into it and the image is still there. I get no error messages when this happens.

Does anyone have any ideas on how to fix this?

Many thanks in advance for any help.

Andy

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
12 years 6 months ago #63512 by Jason
Replied by Jason on topic Re: Trouble Uploading Images in K2 Items
I had a similar problem, and I found that chmodding /media/k2 to 777 fixed everything (be sure to include subfolders).

• theandygram
  • theandygram's Avatar Topic Author
More
12 years 6 months ago #63513 by theandygram
Replied by theandygram on topic Re: Trouble Uploading Images in K2 Items
That did indeed solve the problem. But doesn't that create a security risk?

BTW, thank you for your assistance.

More
12 years 6 months ago - 12 years 6 months ago #63514 by Jason
Replied by Jason on topic Re: Trouble Uploading Images in K2 Items
I found myself facing the same reoccuring issue, and after some investigation I realized php was running in DSO mode. In this mode, chmod 777 is usually necessary on directories and 755 on files. These kind of permissions don't happen by default because of their lax nature, so we have to keep going in and chmodding things manually. If you decide to use suPHP- which is what I just transitioned to- then you won't have this problem. The directories (755 in suphp) and files (644 in suphp) will be accessible without much hassle.