Keyword

K2 Tools - Blog calendar problem

• Balgev
  • Balgev's Avatar Topic Author
  • Bang2Joom
More
12 years 6 months ago #63550 by Balgev
K2 Tools - Blog calendar problem was created by Balgev
Hello dear friends, thanks again and again for the great component, basicly the best component in Joomla :)

my website is www.mardik.am/mardik [BETA]

i am using K2, runing more than 25.000 items , and 100 items are added daily, this is a newspaper website.
Everything is fine, exept the K2 Tools-Blog calendar...
as there are many itemns/ a day, the calendar is too heavy. when i go back by 1 month, the calendar dissappears and loads in 7 seconds. then i thought a little and found out what's the problem.... i guess the blog calendar counts how many items are published on a single day, then on the other day, then the whole month, that's why it take a long time.... i want to change the blog calendar to check if there is at least 1 item published on that day it will activate that day on the calendar,.

this will make the calendar work very fast, and my page loading will be fine.

----

Could you please help me to change / to do this trick, and to enjoy the great K2!!!
thanks, you may add me in skype: balgev , or gmail me :) at This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.. Thanks!!!

---
CEO at Bang2Joom

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
12 years 6 months ago #63551 by Jason
Replied by Jason on topic Re: K2 Tools - Blog calendar problem
Sounds like an easy change, but you may have to pay someone to do it for you. If I had the k2 tools calendar in front of me, I'd take a gander.

Good luck.

• Balgev
  • Bang2Joom
More
12 years 6 months ago #63552 by Balgev
Replied by Balgev on topic Re: K2 Tools - Blog calendar problem
I would really apreciate and pay for the changes!!!!

---
CEO at Bang2Joom

More
12 years 6 months ago #63553 by Jason
Is this an extension or built-in feature? I ran a quick search over at extensions.joomla.org and here at getk2.org without any luck.

• Balgev
  • Bang2Joom
More
12 years 6 months ago #63554 by Balgev
this is a famous K2 core module - K2 Tools...

---
CEO at Bang2Joom

More
12 years 6 months ago #63555 by Jason
Goes to show you how much I use the core modules... I'll have a look and plug back in here later.

More
12 years 6 months ago - 12 years 6 months ago #63556 by Jason

Gevorg Balyan wrote: i want to change the blog calendar to check if there is at least 1 item published on that day it will activate that day on the calendar

So...

<Page Loads>
-Calendar verifies current date & checks for items published on that date:
--a) If items are found, calendar's current set date is set to the last day for which there were new items
--b) If items are not found for the current date, calendar checks backwards until items are found.
---i) If no items are found within the last 12mos (amount of time is up to you), default to current date
---ii) If items are found, set current date to reflect when items were last added and cease looking backwards

Is this an accurate summary of the desired behavior?

• Balgev
  • Bang2Joom
More
12 years 6 months ago #63557 by Balgev
Yes i want to change it ti check if there is only 1 item published on a current day, then it will activate it, no need to check HOW MANY ITEMS ARE PUBLISHED ON A CURRENT DATE

---
CEO at Bang2Joom

More
12 years 6 months ago #63558 by Jason
I responded earlier only to encounter an error- thought you might've removed the discussion.

I made a quick attempt to stage a situation like the one you described to see how the performance of the calendar would slow the site... I enabled Joomla's Debug Mode to monitor how long mod_k2_tools would take to load with 10,000 items, and I wasn't getting the long delays you describe. So it made it difficult engineering a solution to the proposed problem. I would encourage you to drop in the commercial services section and get a solid quote on any modifications.