Keyword

Features Added :: Mod Tools (UNOFFICIAL)

More
12 years 3 months ago #63611 by Manoj Goel
Replied by Manoj Goel on topic Re: Features Added :: Mod Tools (UNOFFICIAL)
Hey Generic, you have done a good job, but it is useless to try. Because it don't display related items from same category on item pages, which is the most important. On item pages it just display blank module.

This module will become most useful when it display related items from same category on the item pages and show nothing on other pages, just like K2 Split Content module. Only drawback of k2 Split content is that it display Related items by Tags instead of category.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
12 years 3 months ago #63612 by Generic
Replied by Generic on topic Re: Features Added :: Mod Tools (UNOFFICIAL)
Hi Manoj Goel

Thanks for the feedback, I too see the advantages of the module working on items.
The code at present looks to the category for items when you are in an item you are no longer in the category.

Another function would need to be added to look for other items in the same category as the item being viewed, if you are a coder please have a go I don't have the time at present to look for a solution.

I got round this (though not ideal) by adding the breadcrumbs module to items.

If you or your clients can keep on top of tagging then the split content module is ideal, in my case I had over a 1,000 untagged items to import and without Mod Tools (UNOFFICIAL) there would have been no easy way to create navigation to these items.

Generic

More
12 years 3 months ago #63613 by Manoj Goel
Replied by Manoj Goel on topic Re: Features Added :: Mod Tools (UNOFFICIAL)
Hi Generic,
On Joomla extension directory I found a module K2 Related content. It is a nice module as it can show the list of related articles from same category on item/article page, and shows nothing on other pages. Its perfect for me.

About Your Modified Module : - Your modified module shows the item/articles list in ascending or descending list on category pages. Presently it is not useful, but it can be very useful if it can show "MOST POPULAR ARTICLES" of the same category on category pages, and show nothing on other pages.

I am not a coder but I can do a lot if you can give me hint on how to add feature to show articles by popularity.

More
12 years 2 months ago #63614 by Generic
Replied by Generic on topic Re: Features Added :: Mod Tools (UNOFFICIAL)
Manoj

I did look at the K2 Related content module but could not get this to work on Joomla 2.5, please let me know if you get it working (the module may have since been updated).

The 'Mod Tools (UNOFFICIAL)' has the same 'order by' options as the original K2 Mod Tools

Default (by ID - ascending)
Reverse default (by ID - descending)
Name alphabetical
Name reverse alphabetical
Ordering

Adding an option for popularity should be quite straightforward.

Generic