Keyword

register/login

More
12 years 6 months ago - 12 years 6 months ago #63689 by Toth
register/login was created by Toth
Sorry, I do know I'm probably the most stupid beginner you ever have known.
I'm using Joomla 1.7.4 and a gavick template that includs k2 modules and plugins.
So then here I'm with my stupid question.
Have just quite ended my site... and hope to have rightly used K2 in doing it.
But there's a stuff bigger then me... I'm not able to get how and why...
And this is because I'm stupid.

i think to have got that k2 user is the follower module of k2 login and then I have used it in my login position. Anyway, before... they need to be registered... and here stays my trouble...
Which is the fuck module to let an user register himself?
I have the joomla standard module to register, but it doesnt work.
I have the mod_gk_register, but it doesn't work with k2 structured site. I need users can write into the site and create K2 items or edit theit k2 items.
Then I need one of them write down the blog!
But I'm not able to get which is the right module to let them register!!!!

And... (second nobel for a fellow man) even if I register by myself the users (beeing admin) they cannot login and enter into their pages.

Finally (3rd nobel for stupidity) if I reach my goals I remember to have read that make a blog with K2 is the esiest thing in the world.
I need a blog!!!! This is my final frontier... before dying.
Any suggestions?
Is anybody able to explain in few words how to let an user login and go and write in his blog?

Plz, have pity on me... I can learn quickly if someone is able to explain in few words, few but enough, how to reach my steps... because i'm coming out crazy on my site!!!!!

Ty very much...
and old, old man.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
12 years 6 months ago #63690 by Aaron
Replied by Aaron on topic Re: register/login
Registration link is:
members?view=registration

1. It is part of the K2 USER module. It is under "Create account". You can also make a menu item for it.

2. If you register users, you need to make sure you are registering them in the K2 Component (not in the Joomla user panel) for the best compatibility.

3. Blog - This is a menu option so just create a new menu and under the K2 section select the one that has blog in the title (not sure the exact wording).

Additionally,
K2 TOOLS Module is the other module you want to get familiar with. It can display and do most things K2.

Hope this helps

Aaron :)

More
12 years 6 months ago #63691 by Toth
Replied by Toth on topic Re: register/login

File Attachment:

File Name: mod_k2_filter.zip
File Size:15 KB

This is my k2userModule.
Where... where is the side concerning the registration to set???

TY
Attachments: