Keyword

Re: How to display K2 component on front page?

• Yamin Zakaria
  • Yamin Zakaria's Avatar Topic Author
More
12 years 6 months ago - 12 years 6 months ago #63726 by Yamin Zakaria
Re: How to display K2 component on front page? was created by Yamin Zakaria

Aaron wrote:

Whereas I want it to display the latest articles regardless of its origin in terms of their category of origin, this is how it is setup in the basic Joomla Content.

You have to set your category in the K2 component. For instance, if you set the Catalog Mode as YES, then only the items DIRECTLY in the category will be listed. If you set the Catalog Mode as NO, then any item in the category or subcategory will be displayed.

In the menu item, you can display the items by inheriting from category or several other options (in the Layout options for single category selection section).

Also is there a way to remove the child category that appears on the main page, that is just ugly and not needed.

I haven't found a way yet but please share if you find one.. I will share if I find it first :)

Well Aron, I just selected the categories, and when ever I add an article it appears on the front page. Whereas if I had selected "Latest item..." it would show the latest item from EACH category thus cluttering the page.

About the child categories, LOL - :lol: Is it not in the PHP files that you directed me to ?

My next task is to use the read more button in my template or get something better. Is there a place where you can find these plugins that will work better with K2?

Regards

Yamin

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.