Keyword

Why is my item showing in all ctegorys

• Neil Boddie
  • Neil Boddie's Avatar Topic Author
More
12 years 6 months ago #63740 by Neil Boddie
Replied by Neil Boddie on topic Re: Why is my item showing in all ctegorys
My categorys are set to catalogue

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
12 years 1 month ago #63741 by Herbert
Replied by Herbert on topic Re: Why is my item showing in all ctegorys
Hey everyone !

When I set a category to Catalog, only the categories within it are displayed. But what I want to do is:
Example:
category 1 / subcategory 11 / item A
category 1 / subcategory 11 / item B

My menu is pointing to category 1. The view displays subcategory 11 and items A and B.

But, I want to display ONLY item A. I want to see item A and B when the user hits subcategory 11 only.

I am searching for a way to handle this but could not until now. Would apreciate any help.

Tks
Herbert

More
12 years 1 month ago #63742 by Lefteris
Replied by Lefteris on topic Re: Why is my item showing in all ctegorys
@Herbert

You may need considering changing your logic a little.... A K2 item belongs to only one category. A K2 category can have one or more subcategories. Maybe you should create another category and move the one item there.

JoomlaWorks Support Team
---
Please search the forum before posting a new topic :)

More
12 years 1 month ago #63743 by Herbert
Replied by Herbert on topic Re: Why is my item showing in all ctegorys
Tks Lefteris, but I believe I did not explained well. I will try in other words.

I created five levels of categories. They all have items included.

Then I created one single menu pointing to the top parent category, which was set to Catalog Mode ON, on category settins. On the menu selecion, I selected only this parent category.

Then, when I hit the menu, only the children categories directed linked to the top parent category, which seems to be ok, since this top parent category is set to catalog mode = Yes.

Now, when I hit the view more button, I go to a view where I see the subcategories but bellow I see all items, even if this subcategory is set to catalog mode = yes.

This is the problem I am facing. I would like to be able to control, at item level, I mean, I would like to force an single item to appear on his subcategory only, not all subcategories that are above.

I expect I made myself more clear now.

Tks a lot !

K2 rocks !

More
12 years 1 month ago #63744 by Lefteris
Replied by Lefteris on topic Re: Why is my item showing in all ctegorys
You cannot a control the appearence of a single item. The settings are applied per category. For the case that you hit the subcategory but the settings are inherited by the parent one, then you may need to create a menu link to the subcategory also.

JoomlaWorks Support Team
---
Please search the forum before posting a new topic :)