Keyword

How to display specific content in the component ?

• Aimery Marsily
  • Aimery Marsily's Avatar Topic Author
  • Premium Member
More
12 years 6 months ago #63770 by Aimery Marsily
Hi all !

I'm using K2 for displaying music stuff, so I have some categories like Artists, Songs, Bands, etc... I'm developping a little module to show stuff with parameter, like all the Artists that start with a "A" that played "this" song, etc...

The thing is that it's easy to get from the database anything that I want but how to display this content via a menu, or in the main component page ? It's hard to explain cause I'm not so good in english, but is there a way to display any content from K2 (with the good inputs) in the main content page ? I know the template system and was hopping to be able to send any K2 content to it to display it.

Maybe by creating a new view or controller ?

Thanks if someone can help me.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
12 years 6 months ago #63771 by william white
Replied by william white on topic Re: How to display specific content in the component ?
If you are developing a module, it will have its own output. Use loadposition to place it where you want it...
or,
Take a look at K2 tools module and work from there as a starting point to display what you need

• Aimery Marsily
  • Premium Member
More
12 years 6 months ago #63772 by Aimery Marsily
Replied by Aimery Marsily on topic Re: How to display specific content in the component ?
Thanks for your relply, but my problem is that my module give an alphabet menu like this : www.911tabs.com/

And I wnat to do the same, so I want to create link that show all categories that start with an A, B, C, D, etc...

If you have an idea ? I can't found a doc with the parameter for the search function, I maybe could use that.

Thanks

• Aimery Marsily
  • Premium Member
More
12 years 5 months ago #63773 by Aimery Marsily
Replied by Aimery Marsily on topic Re: How to display specific content in the component ?
I still need a solution for this. I saw that : joomcar.net/car-catalog

And it's quiete what I need, in my case (new one) I have an extrafield named "price" and I'm developping a module that help user to choose a range of price, so this is done. But How to display the result in the content ?

I don't want it to appear in a module position but realy in the content of K2, with the itemlist template used on my site. So is there a way via my form to send the data to output in the content of maybe via a K2 plugin that I can develop ?

Thanks a lot !

• Aimery Marsily
  • Premium Member
More
12 years 5 months ago #63774 by Aimery Marsily
So I bought the module but it's not exactly what I need, it use is own template system etc...

What I want is to be able to create a filter that display the content the normal way with K2 itemList template. So like a filter when K2 take the data in the DB. Do you think it's good if I create a plugin for that that act on the onK2PrepareContent ?