Keyword

Unpublished items not showing up in Frontend

• Joey Kuijpers
  • Joey Kuijpers's Avatar Topic Author
More
12 years 6 months ago #63797 by Joey Kuijpers
Unpublished items not showing up in Frontend was created by Joey Kuijpers
Goodday,

On our website we have some publishers who add and modify items with the K2 Frontend functionallity.
Also there are a few backend managers who add and modify items.

I am experiencing the following problem;
A backend manager creates a new item and saves it with the status Not Published in the category "News".
The frontend publisher logs on at the frontend of the site, and goes to the page where the category "News" is displayed. On this page the frontend publisher only sees the items that have the status Published. The items, just like the one the backend manager created, with status Not Published is not shown on this page.

Also if the frontend manager creates an item and saves it to the category "News" with the status Not Published, he can only review that Not Published item when he goes to his "My Page" of the K2 Frontend Module. If he goes to the page where the category "News" eventually should be displayed, the Not Published item is not showing up.

My question is if it is possible to show Not Published items on the pages where the categories are shown. So our frontend publishers can review items even the items the didn't wrote themselfs.

I would be happy to hear from someone about this issue.

Kind regards,
Joey

Information:
Joomla v1.5.25
K2 v2.5.4

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
12 years 6 months ago #63798 by Aaron
I looked and did not see this option in K2.. wondering if you need to deal with published and unpublished or just work with different user groups? For instance, default publishing could be in a frontend publisher group as published. The front end publisher can then see it but the public cannot. It will be in the right place for the publisher. They can then edit and do what they need to and change the group to public...

Aaron :)

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.