Keyword

Unable to upload images K2 Frontend

• Joey Kuijpers
  • Joey Kuijpers's Avatar Topic Author
More
12 years 6 months ago #63799 by Joey Kuijpers
Unable to upload images K2 Frontend was created by Joey Kuijpers
Unable to upload "header_overlay_full.png".
Permission denied.

Goodday,

I am experiencing the following problem while uploading images from the frontend with K2.
We have some frontend publisher who login and add items via the K2 Frontend Module.
When they try to upload an image from the K2 Editor image tab the get following.
K2 Media Manager is opened but all the toolbar buttons are greyed out.
But when you click the upload file button it does what it should do, open up an windows explorer screen.
I than can choose a file to upload. But when I hit the upload button the following error is raised:

Unable to upload "header_overlay_full.png".
Permission denied.

To test it more out, I logged on as the Super Administrator on the frontend of the website.
I tried the same thing as one of our frontend publisher does. Also under the SA account, the toolbar buttons are greyed out but can be clicked. Also when I try to upload the error as mentioned above is raised. When I try this on the backend under the SA account, it works perfectly fine.

Could some clarify this frontend behaviour, why aren't we able to upload images through the K2 Media Manager on the frontend?

Some additional information:

Joomla v1.5.25
K2 v2.5.4

Frontend Publisher is member of K2 Registred Users which have following rights (database view):
comment=1
frontEdit=1
add=1
editOwn=1
editAll=1
publish=1
inheritance=1
categories=all

Super Administrator is member of K2 Site Owners which have following rights (database view):
comment=1
frontEdit=1
add=1
editOwn=1
editAll=1
publish=1
inheritance=1
categories=all

Thanks in advance!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
12 years 6 months ago #63800 by Aaron
Replied by Aaron on topic Re: Unable to upload images K2 Frontend
I went looking because I thought I saw a setting in JOOMLA (not K2) for allowing uploads but I can't seem to find it now. The only thing I can think of is that the flash uploader has often caused me problems.. try turning that off. Also, just to be certain, make sure png is listed as an extension allowed to be uploaded.

Hope this helps!

Aaron :)

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.