Keyword

how do I pass an Item from one module to another?

• Nate Hunter
  • Nate Hunter's Avatar Topic Author
More
12 years 6 months ago - 12 years 6 months ago #63810 by Nate Hunter
Howdy,
I am tying to figure out how to pass an Item(article) from one module to another. I am in the process of re-designing www.shoppingcenterbusiness.com using Joomla! 2.5. The old template was a gavikpro news template on joomla 1.5 and I have been tasked with duplicating the functionality. Unfortunately gavickpro does not have a template like this for 2.5, so I am using K2 and a Rocketheme template to simulate the old sites main functions. The main function of the site is as follows

1) a new article is published and is automatically posted in the Top Story section
2)It then gets pushed down into the News section when a new article is published.
3)Then the articles get pushed from this section into a list of links in the More Latest News section at the bottom of the page.

This was previously handled by the template in one big module and a plugin that did just this.
How can I configure K2 to do the same things?
I was going to assign a module for each of these sections and then have the article pass from one to the other but I don't know how to configure that. Or is there a better/easier solution that I don't know of to duplicate this functionality?
I appreciate any and all suggestions.
Thank you in advance! :)
Nate

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Nate Hunter
More
12 years 6 months ago #63811 by Nate Hunter
Still could use any suggestions, Help Please.

More
12 years 6 months ago #63812 by Aaron
I think I know where you are going with it. I would like to do some research because a site I am developing is needing something similar. From what I know of K2, this is possible but give me some time (day or so) to play with my dev site and see what I can come up with.

Aaron :)

• Nate Hunter
More
12 years 6 months ago #63813 by Nate Hunter
Thanks Aaron!
I am on the edge of my seat! I am right at my limits of understanding and just hacking away at it trying to make it work but no luck yet. looking forward to what you come up with!
Nate

More
12 years 6 months ago #63814 by Nathaniel Hunter
Replied by Nathaniel Hunter on topic Re: how do I pass an Item from one module to another?
hey Aaron,
just wondering if you had come up with any ideas?
Nate