Keyword

Changing the size of item image in category view

More
12 years 6 months ago #63906 by Sky
Hi, is it possible to change the size of the item image of the article displayed in the category listing?

For example I enter "Electronics" (Category) page and it will show all the articles that is linked to this category. But currently the size of the image for each article is too big. So what I want is to change that size. I've tried changing the settings from the admin board but no matter which setting I modify, it doesn't affect the image. Any help please? :unsure:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
12 years 6 months ago #63907 by william white
Replied by william white on topic Re: Changing the size of item image in category view
I htink you need to change the settings for the category image and then re upload the image for it to take effect

More
12 years 6 months ago #63908 by Sky
Hi sorry about that. I'm using joomla v2.5.1 and K2 v2.5.4. My website is not live yet so I can't show. I've tried re-uploading the images but to no avail.

To further explain, I'm using mod_k2_tools which allows users to select each individual category and from there they can view the products that are available for that category. But I notice that there's no options for us to change the item's image's size. That option is available for the mod_k2_content but not in k2 tools.

In the end I did it the manual way which is to override the category_item file to force it to a fixed width instead. and that solved my problem

More
12 years 6 months ago #63909 by Aaron
I found I have to DELETE the image, save the item... then re-upload the image.

Aaron :)