What's the futur of K2 ?

• Aimery Marsily
  • Aimery Marsily's Avatar Topic Author
  • Premium Member
More
12 years 6 months ago #63920 by Aimery Marsily
What's the futur of K2 ? was created by Aimery Marsily
Hi !

I was just wondering what are the new features plans for K2 ? I'm quite new and already read a lot in the forum and some questions from users come back often (custom user fields, improved rating system, frontend submit content without popup, etc), it would be nice to ear from the K2 team what are the next steps ?

Thanks

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Aimery Marsily
  • Premium Member
More
12 years 6 months ago #63921 by Aimery Marsily
Replied by Aimery Marsily on topic Re: What's the futur of K2 ?
Wow ! 750 views I think other people want to know the next step ^^

Hope to have an answer soon

More
12 years 6 months ago - 12 years 6 months ago #63922 by william white
Replied by william white on topic Re: What's the futur of K2 ?
This is the latest blog post from the K2 dev's. K2 was slow to adopt 1.6/7, but has been upgraded several times for the ltr j2.5 already.

The very best way to keep K2 moving is by sharing and supporting in the community any changes or fixes that everyone makes, and help others with the sometimes steep learning curve.

• Aimery Marsily
  • Premium Member
More
12 years 6 months ago - 12 years 6 months ago #63923 by Aimery Marsily
Yes I read that, thanks for your reply.

I was just wondering, what is the future of this great component, don't see any bad fellings or reproach, it's just to know what the K2 team plans are, to have an insight of what's the long terms plans.

Thanks !

PS: Is there a doc for developpers to create K2 plugins ? I went to the document section but the dev documents folders is empty.

More
12 years 6 months ago #63924 by william white
Replied by william white on topic Re: What's the futur of K2 ?
Look in the extend k2 section for example plugin, i think its there

• Aimery Marsily
  • Premium Member
More
12 years 5 months ago #63925 by Aimery Marsily
Thanks I just download it looks good for understanding plugin system.

About the future features of K2, so there is no "roadmap" or something to see what we can expect in the next shaort and long terms update ? I think it would be nice for the K2 community to see if some needed features are on their way to be added.

Thanks

More
12 years 5 months ago #63926 by Joseph
Replied by Joseph on topic Re: What's the futur of K2 ?
Totally agree with Mushr00m. K2 is already a great feature rich component, but seeing the Roadmap might bring more people willing to use it and trust it. (What if this great component stop developing next month!) I know they won't stop, but K2 users need assurance what is the future and benefit of using it. Nowadays, free Opensource quickly turns to commercial license. So at least, we should know what path are we following, isn't it?

Regards,
Joseph

Mushr00m wrote: Thanks I just download it looks good for understanding plugin system.

About the future features of K2, so there is no "roadmap" or something to see what we can expect in the next shaort and long terms update ? I think it would be nice for the K2 community to see if some needed features are on their way to be added.

Thanks

• Aimery Marsily
  • Premium Member
More
12 years 5 months ago #63927 by Aimery Marsily
I do think that K2 can be the number 1 cck component for Joomla with some improvement on some actual features that comes often on the forum, like multiple categories, tags group, custom profile fields by group and rate system manageable like the comment one...

With this 4 features upgrades K2 will rich 90% of the users need in my opinion and would be so good !

That's why having a little feedback from the K2 team would be good to know if they are planning on adding natively this features so often asked.

K2 fan speaking ;-)