Keyword

K2 Comments not working or loading

More
12 years 5 months ago #63955 by mr_b
Replied by mr_b on topic Re: K2 Comments not working or loading
I've successfully integrated Joomla 2.5, Jomsocial 2.6, and K2 2.5.6 , and everything is looking OK so far except for managing Item comments.

Using the K2 global comments parameter 'Enabled for registered Users only' kills the item display (comparison of html source shows missing html declarations, header loses formatting and some content), although the category view display is OK.

I initially thought it was a problem with K2 but it's not, it's down to the Joomla template I'm using; I thought I'd post it here to save someone a few hours digging. If I can nail down the exact code causing the problem I'll update this post later.

mr_b

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
12 years 5 months ago #63956 by william white
Replied by william white on topic Re: K2 Comments not working or loading
That sounds interesting. Does your template load its own libraries? Does it have a way to stop the loading?
Can you try switching to a default J template and see if the problem persists?

More
12 years 5 months ago #63957 by sixli
Replied by sixli on topic Re: K2 Comments not working or loading
Hi! I had the same problem... Here is what worked for me - in the K2 component, I added a User Group and in the settings, enabled the Comment feature. Moved my users in the User tab of K2 component to that User Group and it works fine. I'm using Joomla 1.7.3 and the latest K2...

Let me know if this helps... :)

More
12 years 5 months ago - 12 years 5 months ago #63958 by JHEXP
Replied by JHEXP on topic Re: K2 Comments not working or loading
Great Vladimir
It works! But in my setup (j 2.5.4 k2 2.5.6) new users are not automatically assigned to the category k2 .

To do this I have to manually assign the user to the category :unsure:

I think that the problem is a mismatch from the Joomla Group and K2 Group... :)

Maybe :unsure:

More
12 years 5 months ago #63959 by Matthew Howe
Replied by Matthew Howe on topic Re: K2 Comments not working or loading
I was having the same problem. This is what worked for me. In K2 parameters click on the comments tab and check NO for "Enable reCaptcha in comments" . If you would like to keep this option enable you have to provide additional parameters in the advanced tab. The reCaptcha public and private key which you can create by going to this link www.google.com/recaptcha .

Hope this helps!

All the best!

More
11 years 2 months ago #63960 by Michael Züst
Replied by Michael Züst on topic Re: K2 Comments not working or loading
Hi,

I am having a similar issue; if i send a comment it doesn't stop loading and nothing happens, even if i don't fill anything in the form. Usualy then it came a warning that something is missing. I tried to change jquery libraries, disabled / enabled several options like recaptcha, comments only for registered users etc. I also deleted every duplicate of jquery files on my server but nothing helped.

The strange thing is, that comments have worked without problem 1 month ago (you can see latest comments from june on start page) and i didn't change anything till today except adding new articles and categories to k2. Today i saw this and hoped that the actual k2 update will help, but it didn't.

Did you already find a solution for this problem now?

You can try to comment on my site: aktione.ch

Thank you in advance

Sincerly

Michael

• Krikor Boghossian
  • Platinum Member
More
11 years 2 months ago #63961 by Krikor Boghossian
Replied by Krikor Boghossian on topic Re: K2 Comments not working or loading
Hello Michael,

I can see you are loading two instances of jQuery one being 1.10.
You should use jQuery 1.8. You can change this setting at the K2 params.

JoomlaWorks Support Team
---
Please search the forum before posting a new topic :)

More
11 years 2 months ago #63962 by Michael Züst
Hi Krikor,

Thank you for your fast reply!

I have tried this already with no effect. Now i set the options in k2 to "Load v1.8.x latest (remote copy)". But it stays the same like before...

Do you have any other idea why it isn't working properly? It is realy strange, because like 3-4 weeks ago it worked like a charm and without any changes it stoped working out of the blue.

• Krikor Boghossian
  • Platinum Member
More
11 years 2 months ago #63963 by Krikor Boghossian
Replied by Krikor Boghossian on topic Re: K2 Comments not working or loading
Hello Michael,

I tried with the system template and it still doesn't work. Did you install any extensions recently? Any edits on your template? Also ask your hosting provider if there were any changes in your setup recently.

JoomlaWorks Support Team
---
Please search the forum before posting a new topic :)

More
11 years 2 months ago #63964 by Michael Züst
Hi Krikor,

I asked my Hosting-Provider if they made any changes, but the only thing they did, are security patches. I gave him also a Link to an article on my website, and he replied, that the post request leeds to a 301-redirect to aktione.ch, but he doesn't see the reason. He meant that it is something within the CMS.

And to your question, I didn't install any other components recently. I am working with k2 template overrides, but there wasn't any problem in the past.

The Answer of my hosting provider leads me to sh404sef, maybe there is a wrong redirected url. I will check this now and answer when i find something..

Michael