Keyword

K2 Menu Item issue in 2.5 upgrade from 1.5.23

• fred
  • fred's Avatar Topic Author
More
12 years 6 months ago #64016 by fred
I just migrated/upgraded a site from 1.5.23 to joomla 2.5.3.
Everything went well and the DB is clean.

I reinstalled K2 (latest) and checked to see if my categories and items were still there. all went well so far.

I then went to my menu items and reassigned them to the k2 categories.
I get a 404 error message when clicking a k2 menu item, so I tried to make a new menu.

When I try to make a new menu item I get this warning:

Warning: is_file() [function.is-file]: open_basedir restriction in effect. File(/metadata.xml) is not within the allowed path(s): (/var/www/virtual/jungfrau-guide.ch/:/usr/share/php/) in /var/www/virtual/jungfrau-guide.ch/htdocs/jupgrade/libraries/joomla/filesystem/file.php on line 523

When I make a menu item here and save it it doesn't work with k2, only with content items.

What am I doing wrong? The warning tells me something but not what to do about it.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
12 years 6 months ago #64017 by william white
Replied by william white on topic Re: K2 Menu Item issue in 2.5 upgrade from 1.5.23
There are two sql commands that sometimes need to be run to get all the tables fixed up after upgrade. Also saving the categories and items again sometimes fixes the issues.
see here
getk2.org/documentation/tips-a-tricks/item/311-manually-migrating-k2-content-from-joomla-15-to-17

post back if that doesnt fix it

More
12 years 6 months ago #64018 by Dan
Hi, all :-)
I had the same issue but now warnings...
Was trying to figure this out for couple of days now..... So here goes my fix, just in case someone else would get stuck on this B)
Today, I finally found the problem (VERY stupid on my part LOL). All it was - my categories and items in those categories didn't have access level chosen. At all.... Thank you William, after looking into my DB tables for K2, I noticed, that those items did not have access level in there.... :huh: , so I went back to my K2 admin and when I checked - sure enough LOL
So I highlighted "Public" - and vuala! :)