Keyword

Is it just me? Same Extrafield in different Groups

More
12 years 6 months ago - 12 years 6 months ago #64022 by X-Bit
Hello to all the K2 fans!

Please bear with my ignorance, I am really new to K2 and I LOVE it!

Starting with different Extra Field Groups, I was wondering if there really isn´t an easy way to just copy an existant Extra Field, for allocating it to a new group.

Let´s say, I have the field "Customer Name", which will be used in all Categories. I created, accordingly to the Categories the Extra Field Groups and started to create the fields for one group. As I do understand until now, I have to re-create the same field from scratch for each group, as I was unable to select more than one and did not find a "Copy" button!

Is it just me, not getting this done in a quicker way?

Thanks for some links or explenations, as this really bothers me.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
12 years 6 months ago #64023 by william white
Replied by william white on topic Re: Is it just me? Same Extrafield in different Groups
The extra fields belong to extra field groups. They are meant to be assigned to a category or several categories. There is no "copy button" but you could use mysql to recreate the fields and set them to a different extra field group with another mysql command if you keep up with the record numbers int he sql table.

More
12 years 6 months ago #64024 by X-Bit
Thanks for your answer, William.

Duplicating the extra field using the database doesn´t really speed up the process. A simple "Duplicate" functionallity would be huge enhancement for a future version.

Edit: something went wrong while saving the answer. It opened up a new thread instead attaching it to this one.