Keyword

Will K2 solve my problem?

• Michael Barraclough
  • Michael Barraclough's Avatar Topic Author
More
12 years 6 months ago #64222 by Michael Barraclough
Will K2 solve my problem? was created by Michael Barraclough
I have a large spreadsheet. It has 3000+ rows and 50 columns. Each of the 3000 rows is potentially a Joomla document with data being presented in tabular/form format and the 50 columns being row labels in that document.

I also need people to be able to search/filter as they would in a spreadsheet. What I envision is users being able to bring up a form, fill in some data for fields they are interested in (with boolean logic) and have Joomla present a list of documents that meet those requirements.

For example, if some of the fields are Author, Date Published, Key Signature, Time Signature, Shape, then I would like to be able to do searches like:

Author = Colin*
Date Published < 1900
(Key signature = D or G ) and Time Signature =6/8
Shape = Square or Round
Shape NOT= Square

I have looked all over the extensions directory but have not seen anything that could do this. I am using Joomla 2.5.3. Would K2, perhaps with extensions, be able to help me achieve this, including ways of getting the data from the spreadsheet into Joomla?

ALIJUTT

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
12 years 6 months ago #64223 by william white
Replied by william white on topic Re: Will K2 solve my problem?
Its possible that k2 would work for this but, the extra fields are stored in one mysql field. You would need to check the limitations of that as if you have 50 fields you might not have enough characters to work with. It stores both the label and the value and explodes them into an array for use with each record.

There is an extension from individual it here in the extend k2 section that will import from xcell sheet.

The search wold have to be custom advanced search.

• Michael Barraclough
  • Michael Barraclough's Avatar Topic Author
More
12 years 6 months ago #64224 by Michael Barraclough
Replied by Michael Barraclough on topic Re: Will K2 solve my problem?
Thank you. Where do I find the maximum size of the mysql field? My largest record is around 600 characters.

ALIJUTT