Keyword

What is the best K2 Compatible Comment System?

• Massoud
  • Massoud's Avatar Topic Author
More
12 years 6 months ago #64241 by Massoud
I've been using k2 since 2 years ago and I always have problem with the limited functionality of K2 Native Comment System, I've tried JomComment, JaComment, JComment and none of them was working perfectly,
JComment has critical problem with K2 when cache system is enabled, the original K2 comment system replaced with jcomment randomly and its no compatible with Joomla 2.5

JaComment is not compatible with Joomla 2.5 and its extremely heavy and will load after 50 to 10 sec after the whole page is loaded.

JomComment is not fully integrated with k2 and I've hacked the code but at end I had to move back to the original k2 comment system.

Now I want to know if anyone knows better replacement or extension which has added more functionality, like replay, thread form comment, ability to add smiles, quotation and etc.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
12 years 6 months ago #64242 by Heart1010
can you explain the the problem with jcomments in detail please!? :(

• Kannan Naidu Venugopal
  • Platinum Member
  • Aham Brahmasmi
More
12 years 6 months ago #64243 by Kannan Naidu Venugopal
Replied by Kannan Naidu Venugopal on topic Re: What is the best K2 Compatible Comment System?
have you tried Disqus?

K2 Rocks \m/

• Massoud
  • Massoud's Avatar Topic Author
More
12 years 6 months ago - 12 years 6 months ago #64244 by Massoud
Thank you for your replies but I want to store my comment in local database because of so many reason. I'm going to try JaComment 2.5 and let you about my experience.

More
12 years 6 months ago #64245 by Ranshell Rasco
Replied by Ranshell Rasco on topic Re: What is the best K2 Compatible Comment System?
It's quite surprising that with so many Joomla Professionals out there who create components like K2 or Jomsocial or Community Builder, nobody... as in nobody... could create an ultimate and comprehensive Comment system for Joomla. They are always lacking in features.

The closest thing to a comprehensive Comment system for Joomla, is JComments. Unfortunately, it appears that project is just a one-man army programmer doing it for charity and he could not cope up with it as fast.

I wonder why professional Joomla teams like K2, could not build a comment system like JComments.

More
12 years 6 months ago #64246 by Neil Boddie
Replied by Neil Boddie on topic Re: What is the best K2 Compatible Comment System?
I agree with Ranshell Rasco about jcomments

This is a topic I posted on joomla forum, strange no replies :whistle: , is there a Must not step on toes attitude here.

Just been checking out jcomments moans and groans in the forums as you do!. Am very interested in dowloading this component.
The main theme running through this component provider is the lack of updates, now, I am new to Joomla but even I can see despite this apparently being a wonder peice of kit it definately seems to cause problems when Joomla upgrades are available.
Any observations from the joomla community whether or not this is a distinct liability, seemingly having your component crash or unable to upgrade joomla in case this causes the component to crash. Would you NOT use this because of the lack of upgrades or is it so good you must have regardless.
Also the theme just now is the Donation situation regarding ability to donate, as i am new to joomla is this normal for devs to ask in the forums for donations

More
12 years 3 months ago - 12 years 3 months ago #64247 by Nico
For my website i would like to put a time limit to comment an article.

Do you know if an extension which is compatible with k2 can do it ?

Thank you for your help.

More
12 years 3 months ago #64248 by Nico
Nobody has an advice for this kind of extension ?
I need to specify a time limit to keep the comment function avalaible for each item i'm going to publish.

Please ! I really need this feature...

More
12 years 3 months ago #64249 by Manoj Goel
Hi Kannan Naidu,
The plugin of Disqus for k2 for Joomla 2.5 is not available. so it is useless to try.