Keyword

K2 Article Publishing Issue

• Chris
  • Chris's Avatar Topic Author
More
12 years 6 months ago - 12 years 6 months ago #64298 by Chris
K2 Article Publishing Issue was created by Chris
I hope to explain this as clearly as possible, if it will result in needing paid services that's fine but I would like to get a heads up first in case this is an issue that has come up before.

I have a website with K2 installed (just upgraded to K2 2.5.5 in hopes that it would resolve my problem, unfortunately it did not) Here is the scenario and the problem

Scenario
The site was installed roughly in September 2011, my friend and I Have been posting articles from September 2011 up until now (March 29, 2012)

We are transferring articles that were originally written as far back as 2006. We have been able to publish articles and have them visible from 2006 up to 2012 (as published dates)

Our Current Category Structure

19 (Level 1) Main Categories
- 27 (Level 2) Sub-Categories
--- 4 (Level 3) Sub-Sub Categories
2 (Level 4) Sub-Sub-Sub Categories

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

The Problem

The information provided below is part of our issue, however it's not just specific to the categories listed below, it is an issue elsewhere on the site with other categories/articles.

We have a category with sub-category refer to below

Issues / Telecom

Issues = (Level 1) Main Category
Telecom = (Level 2) Sub-Category

The main articles we used for quick and efficient testing include the words "Yellow Pages"

The two and only two articles that contain the word "Yellow Pages" are both listed in Issues/Telecom.

Item A = The Yellow Pages Are Green
Item B = Board Committee Approves Proposal To Restrict Yellow Pages Distribution

When you view Issues, Item B is visible while Item A is not visible, but when you click on Issues/Telecom (Telecom sub-category link from issues main page) Item B is no longer visible, however Item A becomes visible.

I am at a complete loss of words on this, I have checked every param to make sure everything is ok, everything checks out fine, I was hoping that upgrading from K2 2.5.1 would fix it but unfortunately it didn't. I don't know if this could just be a bad database table or what. I hope someone can shed some light on this, it's kind of important that this problem gets resolved asap.

I appreciate any support and time taken by who ever can spend a moment to come up with some possible reasons why this would be happening.

Chris

Seamuno - Web & Social Media Design and Development
Join us on Facebook Today
Add me on Skype: Seamuno

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.