Keyword

Looking to make a Catalog

• Darron Perry
  • Darron Perry's Avatar Topic Author
More
12 years 6 months ago - 12 years 6 months ago #64315 by Darron Perry
Looking to make a Catalog was created by Darron Perry
Hello, I recently decided DJ-Catalog2 was not ideal for the catalog I need to make for an art gallery. I heard that K2 offered a much greater array of options so I've spent the last few days familiarizing myself with it. While I like what the layout has presented me with thus far I'm not sure how to begin creating and implementing the most important piece of the site-- the catalog.

I have looked everywhere for tutorials for information on the subject and come up with very little. I was hoping that someone here could give me a little direction on where to look to get more information on the subject.

Specific issues am dealing with right now are the extra fields and extra field groups and how they would ideally tie into the structure. I am also interested in the need of a catalog extension for the site, users will not be able to see the price or be able to purchase art on the site but I would need functionality for them to be able to contact a representative. I would greatly appreciate any help that can be offered. Thank you.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
12 years 6 months ago #64316 by Aaron
Replied by Aaron on topic Re: Looking to make a Catalog
Under documentation there is limited information on where to adjust the template. That should help with the layout.

If you look at a few of my template posts, you will see how I dealt with the extra fields. Joomla has built in functionality with contact forms.

Aaron :)

• Darron Perry
  • Darron Perry's Avatar Topic Author
More
12 years 6 months ago #64317 by Darron Perry
Replied by Darron Perry on topic Re: Looking to make a Catalog
Okay, I'll take a look though. Thank you!