Keyword

published article not showing on frontend page

More
12 years 6 months ago - 12 years 6 months ago #64349 by Davor
hi, this is my first time I'm using K2 and 2 days have been figuring out how to display K2 item/article on my front end page.

1. create category
2. create item/text/article
3. create menu item and link it with K2 (Menu Item Type -> K2 -> Category -> Basic Options and select category)
4. go to homepage, refresh it and I can see that menu item
5. click that menu and in it there's 0 items in K2 category and it should be 1 item I just created
No matter how many items I create on frontend page it will say 0 items in category

Am I doing something wrong here? :(

edit: I have joomla 2.5.3 and latest K2 2.5.5

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
12 years 6 months ago #64350 by william white
Replied by william white on topic Re: published article not showing on frontend page
What you have done should work. Have you checked to be sure that the item you are creating is published and also the menu item, and the category all need to be published

More
12 years 6 months ago #64351 by Davor
I changed in settings site cache, was set up to 15min and I turned it on and change it to 1min. and now articles appears on frontend page. Just figured it out so if anyone else have this issue check cache under global configuration -> system -> on the left side cache settings

More
12 years 4 months ago #64352 by James Aker
I did change my cache but, my situation may be little different. I had everything working on k2 2.4 except a module that displayed the K2 RSS Feed. From another topic I read that upgrading to 2.5.7 would fix the link issue the module was having. After upgrading ALL of my K2 content dissappeared from the frontend. I can see it in the backend but not the front. If I create a new category and edit (not move that method doesn't work either) and save to a new category then I can pull my items in by user or by category. It seems as if when I upgraded the system no longer recognizes my k2 users or K2 categories.

Does anybody know how to fix this?