Keyword

Tag Results

• Abe Connally
  • Abe Connally's Avatar Topic Author
More
12 years 6 months ago #64449 by Abe Connally
Tag Results was created by Abe Connally
How do I customize the layout of tag results? I understand the concept of making a template over ride, but that is not what I am looking for.

I am looking for a way to display tag results with their own breadcrumbs, etc, instead of the default way of displaying them in the current category.

For example, I have a main category named Food, and under it a subcategory named Animals. Under that, I have some items tagged. I have another main category named Shelter.

Now, if I click on a tag in the cloud while in the Shelter category, the results appear in in the breadcrumbs under that category, even though the results are organized under the Food category.

Here's the Shelter page: velacreations.com/2012/shelter.html
Click on a tag on the right, and the results appear as if they are within the Shelter category (even though that category doesn't have any tagged items).

Now, click on the "rabbits" tag. It appears as it should, because I set up a menu item for that tag.

How do I get all the other tags to appear like the "rabbits" tag? I shouldn't have to make a menu items for all of them. How can we set parameters and options for all tag results?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Abe Connally
  • Abe Connally's Avatar Topic Author
More
12 years 6 months ago #64450 by Abe Connally
Replied by Abe Connally on topic Re: Tag Results
ok, so to make this work for me, I basically changed the way /modules/mod_k2_tools/tmpl/tags.php builds the tag link.

it was outputting: /category/subcategory/subcategory/itemlist/tag/TAGNAME.html

and I need: /component/k2/itemlist/tag/TAGNAME.html

so, I added the following code in /modules/mod_k2_tools/tmpl/tags.php