Keyword

how to insert an "Extra Field"?

• Leonard
  • Leonard's Avatar Topic Author
More
12 years 6 months ago #64681 by Leonard
how to insert an "Extra Field"? was created by Leonard
Hello,
I do apologise for asking such a silly questing...
Unfortunately I am doing this after time spent on finding how, after I have seen movies and read documents about.
And now the situation:
I want to have simple article with “x” information and under this I want some fields.
In K2 I have created a Group in ”Extra Field Group”.
Then I have created an Extra Field in “Extra Fields”
Then I have assigned “the Extra Field” created with the “Extra Group” created. Also on “Extra Fields” at “Type” I have chosen “Text Field”
Then in “Categories” I have created a “Category”. On that specific category at “Associated Extra Fields Group" I was selecting the new created “Extra Group”.
Also there at “Item view options in category listings” I have chooser “Show” for “Extra Fields”.
Then I have created an Item, some text, one pic. Then I have switched the tab to “Extra Fields”, wrote in the created fields, then what???
And here the stupid question is:
If I did everything above correctly, how to insert this field on the “Item”(article)...???
I see no insert button, nothing, nothing.
I definitively need your help, because at this step I don’t anything intuitive.

Thank you very much,

Leonard

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
12 years 5 months ago #64682 by Peter Grube
Replied by Peter Grube on topic Re: how to insert an "Extra Field"?
H i by the sounds of it you have done everything correct, just save article make a menu item for it, your Extra field content should show up in the ADDITIONAL INFO box, you can then use Template Overides to get rid of the box if needed.

• Leonard
More
12 years 5 months ago #64683 by Leonard
Replied by Leonard on topic Re: how to insert an "Extra Field"?
Hello again,

where the ADDITIONAL INFO box is located. Please look at the attachment. I don't see any ADDITIONAL INFO box.

Thank you,

Leonard

More
12 years 5 months ago #64684 by RJ Caroff
Replied by RJ Caroff on topic Re: how to insert an "Extra Field"?
Hey Leonard,

If I understand correctly, it might be that you have not set your extra fields to show on the frontend in your item.

First of all, anything you add from the various tabs in the item (content, image, image gallery, media, extra fields, attachments) is saved just like the main content: you just click "save" or "save and close" in the upper right of the screen.

If your extra fields don't show in the front end for the item, you may just have to change settings in your category. Open your category and look for the following along the right side: item view options > extra fields > show. You can also chose to display them in the category view: item view options in category listings > extra fields > show.

Hope that helps!
RJ

• Leonard
More
12 years 5 months ago #64685 by Leonard
I have done what you have told me. Thank you. Now please look at the attachment. how to practically insert that field. I don't see any insert button, nothing. How to make it appear in "content" in order to play with it, or where I supposed to see it. I really don't understand the mechanism. Please put some light in my thinking.
Thank you,

Leonard

More
12 years 5 months ago #64686 by Peter Grube
Hi Leonard, like I said before It seems that you have set it up correctly, and I am new at K2, but what I found when I first tried to implement a extra field is that although I set up the category, I thought correctly for some reason the Associated "Extra Fields Group" didn't take so I had do it again.

I have attached a couple of images of

1/ My category edit page

2/ My Item edit page ( extra item - text area field

Good luck hope this helps.
Attachments:

More
12 years 5 months ago - 12 years 5 months ago #64687 by Kaka Joe
Replied by Kaka Joe on topic Re: how to insert an "Extra Field"?
I already success adding the extra field, but how can I showing the extra field to the list item(module)?? not just in the full article...thanks and sorry for bad language

More
12 years 5 months ago #64688 by Peter Grube
Hi Kaka Joe , If you mean Category view you change parameters in either Category Edit (your category) if you want it to display on every item/article in that category, or Item edit (single item / article}

You will find the settings you need in ( Item view options in category listings ) Extra Fields

Good luck.

More
12 years 5 months ago #64689 by Kaka Joe
Replied by Kaka Joe on topic Re: how to insert an "Extra Field"?
thanks for the anwer...but that not what i meant...perhaps this pictures can figure out...

Attachments:

• Leonard
More
12 years 5 months ago #64690 by Leonard
Hello,

I consider should be made a movie in order to exactly see how this things are done. A video is going to be more than 1000 words. Is going to be great to have a video to see how to add a extra field, how to add a picture and to apply hislide feature, a movie to show as different scenarios about what you can make with K2 from scratch to the final product.

Regards,

Leonard