Keyword

Product Comparison and Add to Cart

• CMSNext
  • CMSNext's Avatar Topic Author
More
12 years 5 months ago #64720 by CMSNext
Product Comparison and Add to Cart was created by CMSNext
First of all thank you for the wonderful add on to Joomla.

I have been trying to search for a solution to the above query.

1. I need to add products and then there should be a product comparison table.<br/>
    For example I have a range of laptops it should allow me to select say 5 products and then say compare.<br/>
    It would show the features in a tabular form.<br/>
    I am not able to find any solution to the above.
  2. Second it should allow us to search within extra fields. Right now if enter any value in the extra fields, it is not searchable. Need to make it searchable
  3. Finally, filtering of data based on extra fields. Like for example I want a result like this - A laptop with 12" Screen, more than 250GB HDD, more than 4GB RAM and with OS WIN7 or Linux. Right now thats not happening.
I tried using a couple of plugins from the Joomla Extension directory but I see many do not support J2.5. I need the above features in J2.5 with the latest K2 installed. Any guidance is highly appreciated.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• CMSNext
  • CMSNext's Avatar Topic Author
More
12 years 5 months ago #64721 by CMSNext
Replied by CMSNext on topic Re: Product Comparison and Add to Cart
Any help? Its been a week since I posted the query and there has been no answer to my query.
Do I understand that this basic feature is not available in k2?

For any product site this is the basis on which one needs to build a site. Now after adding k2 and configuring my site I feel that such a basic feature is not available? I am also ready to pay so thats not an issue. But the feature is a required feature for such a component.

Product Comparison, Filtering of data, searching of extra fields and add to cart should really be the default features for such a component and am surprised they are not part of the package

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.