JCE problem in K2 items - Solution -

• george
  • george's Avatar Topic Author
  • May The Force be with you.
More
12 years 5 months ago - 12 years 5 months ago #64973 by george
JCE problem in K2 items - Solution - was created by george
Hi there,

After many hours of tweaking, searching and banging my head on the walls I found a fix that worked for me and I am posting it here in case somebody else is having strange problems with JCE and K2

Problem was that after upgrading JCE to the latest version I have very strange effects in K2 items. After installing/reinstalling and updating JCE, JOOMLA, K2 nothing worked.

Problem was this

In the file: /administrator/components/com_k2/models/extrafield.php

I replaced this code
case 'textarea':
 if($active[1]){
 $output='<textarea name="K2ExtraField_'.$extraField->id.'" id="K2ExtraField_'.$extraField->id.'" rows="10" cols="40" class="k2ExtraFieldEditor">'.$active[0].'</textarea>';
 }

with this one
case 'textarea':
 if($active[1]){
 $editor =& JFactory::getEditor();
 $output = $editor->display("K2ExtraField_".$extraField->id."", $active[0], '550', '400', '60', '20', false);
 }

This change solved all the problems and fix the toggle problem that I have also reported in the bugs area.

Chears.
lollypop.gr

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
12 years 4 months ago #64974 by Randy Green
Replied by Randy Green on topic Re: JCE problem in K2 items - Solution -
What were the strange effects you noticed?

What version of Joomla are you running?

I upgraded to JCE 2.1.0 from 1.5x on my joomla 1.5 installation. We use K2 (v 2.4) for some of our content pages.

After the upgrade, the JCE editor no longer appears on some of the K2 content tabs. It does appear on regular joomla article edit screens, however.

I have selected JCE in the Global configuration, and JCE Administration appears in the Component menu. But no JCE on all of the edit tabs in my K2 content editors.

If this is similar to your issue, then maybe this is my solution also...please advise.

If I could find JCE 1.5, I'd probably go back to that one.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.