Keyword

Re: Sig Pro tags stripped out on saving

• Peter Grube
  • Peter Grube's Avatar Topic Author
  • Elite Member
More
12 years 5 months ago #65001 by Peter Grube
Re: Sig Pro tags stripped out on saving was created by Peter Grube
Hi Penny, sorry about moving from your original post but for some reason it kept starting a new one, I am far from a coder myself but I am slowly learning, I am not sure if you use Firebug but it,s just a plugin that works with Firefox browser, I find it indispensable, It allows you to do many things like finding out what CSS styles are doing what, you can also try out different styles with changing code to see what it will look like, and also check for script errors ect. it's free you see about it here Firebug .

The other thing was about phpMyAdmin, If I remember correctly you are using a WAMP server if so you can click on the wamp Icon and select phpMy Admin its below localhost. you will go the phpMyAdmin page, after it loads you should see your database in the left column. click on that then you should see a list of tables. You will see one like this rest_k2_items, the first rest part will differrent it's the table prefix, any click on the browse icon (see image } then it will show you a list of your k2 Items / Articles.

If you click on the Pencil Icon you can edit the Item you will see all the data for that Item, Look in Introtext & fulltext see if your code has been stripped, if it has cut & paste your code in there, then scroll down till you see a Go button click that to update.

Check page see if it displays without Caption, if it does more than likely it's your editor settings.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
12 years 5 months ago #65002 by Penelope Moore
Replied by Penelope Moore on topic Re: Sig Pro tags stripped out on saving
Hi Peter - you really are a star! thank you again. You're right - I have seen the MyphpAdministrator, but never ventured in there yet. I'll explore Firebug too over the next couple of days. It's a steep learning curve but it's interesting!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.