Keyword

Looking to create user generated content site

More
12 years 5 months ago #65139 by Nayim
Hi,
I am looking to create a user generated content site with Joomla! and K2, my question is if I install K2 will it allow users to register to my site and post content straight away or do I have to increase their account level e.g. author, publisher etc.
Ideally I am looking for a way to allow users to simply register and add content such as articles, video and images etc.
Does K2 support this?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
12 years 5 months ago #65140 by Peter Grube
Replied by Peter Grube on topic Re: Looking to create user generated content site
Hi I am pretty sure you can do what you want, I think you need the AllVideo Free Plugin Here for videos, and maybe the SIG Pro Gallery (buy)plugin for images.

More
12 years 5 months ago #65141 by Nayim
Thanks for your reply, I have heard somewhere that Joomla doesnt allow users to submit content to a site without editing
e.g. user with author level access submits content and editor has to review and publish it.

Does K2 have a workaround for this so that users content is automatically published?

More
12 years 5 months ago #65142 by Peter Grube
Replied by Peter Grube on topic Re: Looking to create user generated content site
Hi Nayim, Good news, yes you can

Step 1
You need to go to your K2 / User Groups then create a new user group - In Assign permissions for this group I made everyone Yes Except "Edit any Item" then below select what categories you want them to have access to.access to. Then Save / Close.

Step 2
Go to Parameters / Advanced / then find (Select the default K2 User Group for new registrations) Select your new User Group. you should then be good to go. When I tested this it worked ok and I checked that User could only edit their content, that content was published automatically and that they wouldn't have acces to back end.