Keyword

differentiating between attachm. & including them

• Diana H.
  • Diana H.'s Avatar Topic Author
More
12 years 5 months ago - 12 years 5 months ago #65236 by Diana H.
hi there! :)

i was asked to "develop" a code-repository.
i'm really new to k2 (and haven't been using joomla for too long...) but i think this great component could really do the job (if configured the right way ;) )

in this repository every "code-item" should have a decription, a preview-image (plot), two attachments (both downloadble): the raw code (.txt) and one with example data (.txt). (furthermore every item should be tagged/assigned to categories.)

the raw-code-file (.txt) should be displayed on the item-page: in a scrollable div (if possible with GESHI-code-highlighting enabled).

so my question:

do you know how to handle attachments differently?
so that only the raw-code-file is displayed on the site and not the other one, too?

i've looked for solutions on the internet, but didn't find anything appropriate...

so i've played around a bit with the templates/default/item.php. and managed to include BOTH attachments (probably in a messy way, dunno).

More
12 years 5 months ago - 12 years 5 months ago #65237 by Aaron
Have you considered putting the raw code file in the full text area? It would display then and you could also offer it as an attachment along with the example data.

Not sure about how Geshi would be used though... not too familiar with its setup/use...

Aaron :)

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.