Keyword

New to K2 and don't really understand

• Francis Pelletier
  • Francis Pelletier's Avatar Topic Author
More
12 years 5 months ago #65245 by Francis Pelletier
New to K2 and don't really understand was created by Francis Pelletier
Hi everyone.
I'm new to K2 and frankly, I don't see what is to do really to unleash all the power of that super-component. There seems to be no good tutorial whatsoever to help us through the steps of setting everything up. My first concern would be to make social sharing appear and set up so I can put ANY of the social buttons I want, if possible. If not, what extension do you recommend for that?
Thank you so much

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
12 years 5 months ago #65246 by Peter Grube
Replied by Peter Grube on topic Re: New to K2 and don't really understand
Hi Francis, I know how you feel it's a bit overwhelming at first here's what I used to get me started Link .

About Social Media K2 has that covered you have a choice of 2 methods K2 has FB / Twitter / Google +1 you can select it in your Category Setup or Item Setup just look in right column - Item View Options / Social Media select show.

You probably Noticed 'Social button' like ShareThis, AddThis etc. you can also add any code manually, just click show save then go to parameters / Social and put the relevant code there.

Good Luck

More
12 years 5 months ago #65247 by Albert
Replied by Albert on topic Re: New to K2 and don't really understand
What are you planning to do? blog, multiple user, news site, magazine, showcase, product site?

• Francis Pelletier
More
12 years 4 months ago #65248 by Francis Pelletier
Replied by Francis Pelletier on topic Re: New to K2 and don't really understand
I'm planning to use it to build business sites mainly.

• Francis Pelletier
More
12 years 4 months ago #65249 by Francis Pelletier
Replied by Francis Pelletier on topic Re: New to K2 and don't really understand
Hi Peter.
I found that article, which helped a little bit. Still, there's so much to go around... I wish there was a little more about this. About social buttons, I'm still searching. I looked in the settings and everything is on show and I see nothing... There must be a thing I don't understand. I just feel that with that kind of extension, there SHOULD be a step by step tutorial or set of tutorials indicating everything you can do with it. When I mess around like I do now, I feel like losing time. I hope something will come up real soon.
Thank you

More
12 years 4 months ago #65250 by Peter Grube
Replied by Peter Grube on topic Re: New to K2 and don't really understand
Hi Francis sorry about the late reply but I haven't visited the forum lately, did you get the the Social Media sorted ?

And here's a post I made about the lack of Tutorial issue I made a while back getk2.org/community/New-to-K2-Ask-here-first!/11349-What-K2-really-needs-, I am hoping if we can get enough people to agree, we might get some action.