Keyword

Is this possible with K2?

More
12 years 5 months ago #65266 by Ken
Is this possible with K2? was created by Ken
Hello!

I am trying a dozen different approaches to this problem, the latest of which is considering K2. I have never used K2 before, so I have no clue if it is even close to possible, but it seems it might be...

I want to have my users basically fill in a form. The form should be stylized with CSS and positioning of the inputs/text areas. I then want the form to be saved as a Joomla article or a PDF - whichever it is, I would like it to be editable in the future.

I actually have made the form in Acrobat X Pro as a PDF form; my issue with that approach is in not knowing the PHP to allow the submit button to save it to the server (and a lack of response from any PHP/Acrobat based website forums).

So the other option is a very rigidly positioned article. There will be dozens of text fields in each article template, with about 8 different templates (each corresponding to a page of the final form), and each text field should be positioned pixel perfect over a 7.8" x 10.3" background image... I am currently using 72 DPI for the image, but can adjust it to any DPI needed for the positioning.

I want the input to look exactly like the final output, the exception being instead of text fields where the user inputs them, they will see the inputted text. And the author and site admins should be able to edit the articles in the future.

Is this possible with K2?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.