Keyword

[SOLVED] How remove rss feed in category list

• JdKock
  • JdKock's Avatar Topic Author
More
12 years 5 months ago - 12 years 5 months ago #65281 by JdKock
On my home page i have a category list with only 1 item. There is a rss feed icon in the upper right corner. How can i remove this ?
In the administration of the category is already disabled rss feedlink and rss feedicon, but nothing happened. I also looked in the K2 parameters and disabled everything with rss.

In the tag list i already disabled this icon, but not in the category list.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
12 years 5 months ago #65282 by william white
Replied by william white on topic Re: How remove rss feed in category list
If you have already turned rss to hide in the category /category settings and in the item view in category list settings, i would look to see if there is an override in your template that might have it hard coded. Some template makers include k2 overrides with them

• JdKock
  • JdKock's Avatar Topic Author
More
12 years 5 months ago - 12 years 5 months ago #65283 by JdKock
Replied by JdKock on topic Re: How remove rss feed in category list
i have both setting disabled. But i also use the category.php override in mytemplate/html/com_k2/default/....
I see on line 25 that the if statement test on catFeedIcon. Where is this setting saved ? Because when i changed this to tagFeedIcon than my rss feedicon is not shown.
On my local pc the feedicon is not shown in the category list, but on my live site i have this problem. So where are the category settings saved ?

More
11 years 10 months ago #65284 by helder almeida
Replied by helder almeida on topic Re: How remove rss feed in category list
I have the same problem.
How to resolve?

More
10 years 9 months ago #65285 by YannisDr
Replied by YannisDr on topic Re: How remove rss feed in category list
I had the same problem but I fould the solution. I don't have any other template. In this case, you have to go to joomla menu and choose the menu item type (for example: "Home", "About Us", "Contact Us", "Blog"). Let's say your menu button is "Blog", then when you open it, on the right there is the "Basic Options" arcodeon. Look for the RSS radio choices under "Layout options for multiple category selection" and disable them. Voila!