Keyword

Add New Item link missing

More
12 years 5 months ago #65422 by lof
Add New Item link missing was created by lof
No matter what I do the Add New link does not appear. In Joomla 1.7, I tried both the Login module and the new User module. I am a super user and the Front End dtiting is set to Yes. The Edit icon appears but Add New button does not. What am I doing wrong?
Thanks

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
12 years 5 months ago #65423 by Peter Grube
Replied by Peter Grube on topic Re: Add New Item link missing
Hi Lof, I really suggest you search the forum, here's 2 posts that cover this subject.
Post 1

Post 2

I did the post 1 method first but after I did a overide of the mod_k2user the (add new item) started working, so I think if you do the overide the link should work.

More
12 years 5 months ago #65424 by lof
Replied by lof on topic Re: Add New Item link missing
Thanks for the quick response.
I saw both posts. Tried Post 1 and no change. No link
I am not sure what the Overide is and how to do it

More
12 years 5 months ago #65425 by Peter Grube
In your sites default template depending on what template you are using, there will be a folder that's used for overiding (components / modules / plugins ) in my case its the html folder, more than likely you will see a few folders & files already there in my case com_content & mod_menu folders.

After you determine what folder is being used for overides, go to your site root / modules / then copy the mod_k2user folder to the overide folder in your default template. Then open that folder you should see a tmpl folder copy the contents of that folder up one level and you can delete the tmpl folder & mod_k2user.xml here's what I mean
after I did that the add Item link worked. But I don't understand why it didn't work when you added the menu link.
Attachments:

More
12 years 5 months ago #65426 by lof
Replied by lof on topic Re: Add New Item link missing
I did the first thing and still no link,
I do not have access to the file system on this machine, I am only a super user in yoomla.
Why does not this work out of the box?
Ability to add items from front end must be pretty common requirement for K2
That is the only reason I got it.

More
12 years 5 months ago #65427 by Peter Grube
Hi Lof I just noticed this thread Link , I think that it has something to do with your problem, I don't think that I mentioned this earlier but I am using Community Builder for Registration / Login / Profile management so maybe that's why I can get Edit Item.