Keyword

Adding info to generic.php and enancing search

More
12 years 5 months ago #65527 by Mark
I have searched and searched for these answers and while it seems like they may have been answered in the old forums I can't find them here. I have two questions.

1. I want my search page results page and my display items by tag page to display more information than it currently has. I want the author's name and the list of tags to be on each of those pages. I have tried editing the .php files many times but cannot figure out exactly what needs to be there. Currently I can make it say "Written By" but no author name comes up. Any ideas?

2. I'm hoping there is some way to enhance the K2 search engine to order posts on relevance based on tags or item titles instead of just date (which is what it seems to be doing now, am I wrong?). Anybody have any suggestions.

Here is a link to the site if you need it

[url=http://]www.lc2.ca/[/url]

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
12 years 5 months ago #65528 by Anthony Cunningham
Replied by Anthony Cunningham on topic Re: Adding info to generic.php and enancing search
I have the same exact issue and have searched and searched but cannot find any solution. Looking at the task-related parameters in the back-end there is no option for Author et al so there is no a way to achieve this off-the-shelf without some mod to the code.

Here's what I found while scratching the surface of the same issue:
When displaying items in a category I show the Title, Date Modified, Author, Categories, Social buttons and Tags. Perfect - looks exactly as it should for my design. However when I try to get the same output when displaying items by tag - Author is not an option and neither is Tags. I've tried to customize the tag.php file by referencing category_item.php but its clear that when displaying by Tag, K2 isn't calling that particular data - so none is output.

I think its a matter of having a better understanding of how K2 is structured (which I dont have) then modify the data call when displaying by tag. Then we can output Author etc. in the customized tag.php and generic.php. Can anyone point to a reference or whitepaper on this and/or point us at the remedy?

More
12 years 4 months ago #65529 by Willy Wong
Any idea on this? I need the author name to display on the tag page... urgently...