Keyword

Problem with K2 item links when modules are used

More
12 years 5 months ago - 12 years 5 months ago #65546 by Geovo
Hello everyone,
I use K2 for my content management and display.
I want to use a slider module on the frontend to display a category. I have already two such slider modules, which are third party modules.
Also, I have created 15 items so far, distributed in some categories.
There is no problem with displaying the item in menu items, category listings and item views.
BUT, when i enable either the first, or the second of the aforementioned modules to display my items, although the display is as expected, the title links or the image links to the item do NOT work... they just point to the Home page (link type: www.domain.com/ )

Because both completely different modules have the same problem with the links, I suppose that I'm missing something with the K2 configuration...
Do you have a solution for me?
It's very important to me....
Thanks in advance,
George

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
12 years 5 months ago #65547 by Geovo
Hello,
In addition, I'm using Joomla v1.5.23 and K2 v2.4.1.
Any help please??

More
12 years 5 months ago #65548 by Geovo
Hello everyone,
I updated to K2 v2.5.x
Some titles work and some not.
I use Greek language.
I see that above a number of characters in the item title, the produced link is broken.....I don't know whta to do....
At some other cases, if the first word begins with letter with accent sign (e.g. ', ", ) then the link is broken. If i strip this sign everything works....
What is going on?.......

More
12 years 5 months ago #65549 by Geovo
After a lot of tries, I managed to note that when my words contain the greek character "ρ" then the link is broken, if not, everything is allright....
Also, if I use greek sccent symbols, e.g. 'O istead of O, then there is problem....
Maybe there are aslo other such odd things.
Please do you have a hint??

More
12 years 5 months ago #65550 by Peter Grube
What is the charset of your data base tables ? ( utf8_general_ci ) is good for most languages

More
12 years 5 months ago #65551 by Geovo
Hi Peter,
It is utf8_general_ci...
It must be something with my K2 settings or my template...
but what??...

More
12 years 5 months ago #65552 by Peter Grube
All I can suggest is use methodology to find the cause ie for template try changing your default template to one of the Beez templates see if it still happens, To see if it's K2 related you could try duplicating an Item as a Joomla Article, Have u contacted the Module manufacturer maybe the fault lays there.