Keyword

Please explain new item save options

More
12 years 5 months ago #65599 by aw
Hi - we've been using K2 for a few years. Just upgraded to 2.5. Got a basic question about item (article) save options.

The blog overview of what's new in K2 didn't cover the basics of the interface changes (getk2.org/blog/item/185-k2-v25-for-joomla-15-16-and-17-now-available).

What happend to the "apply" button? I'm assuming it was replaced with one of the new "Save & Close Draft" or "Save and New Draft" buttons?

For a new item (page/article), the "save and new draft" button's purpose seems obvious.

But, what about editing an existing page?

This is so basic, it's stupid to have to ask. But, please explain the best-practices workflow for using these buttons when editing an existing page.

When I tried the "save and close draft" I got an error that the page was already published and it would be unpublished. But, the page status showed it was published. Aagh!

Please explain step 1, 2, 3. Or update your video so we understand what you had in mind with the new buttons and what the heck we're supposed to do with them when we open an existing article, make a change, and want to save it (apply). Then, make another edit and make it live (publish). Stupid basic stuff, but your new interface makes no sense.

For those who never deal with the items and just do server stuff, a screen capture of the buttons is attached.

Thank you!!!
Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
12 years 5 months ago #65600 by william white
Replied by william white on topic Re: Please explain new item save options
I have a fresh install of J2.5.4 and k2 2.5.6 and i do not see the icons you refer to in either the front or back end edit screen. Do you have an extension installed for versioning of k2 items...

More
12 years 5 months ago #65601 by aw
Hi William - Thanks for you reply to my question.

We have the "Real Preview " extension installed. This is probably what's adding the save/draft buttons that you can't see?

The buttons I have available for saving an item are: Publish, Preview, Save & Close Draft, Save & New Draft, Cancel.

When I click on the “Save & Close Draft” button, I get this warning:

WARNING - You just saved the currently published item as a draft. Please click the publish button to complete save

But, when I open the item, it shows that it’s published.

Adn when I click on the "Publish" button, the item stays open. I have to click on the "Cancel" button to close the item.

It's all whacko. Any ideas? Is this problem caused by the Real Preview extension?

More
12 years 5 months ago #65602 by william white
Replied by william white on topic Re: Please explain new item save options
i tested the original version for 2.4.1 when it first came out, but do not have the 2.5.6 version. I would contact joomkit and the docs that are on his site. i do not have access to them