Keyword

Exact Phrase search does not work

• FlyingScot
  • FlyingScot's Avatar Topic Author
More
12 years 5 months ago #65609 by FlyingScot
Exact Phrase search does not work was created by FlyingScot
Okay a couple of things. First of all when I search for "Exact Phrase" on the K2 home page search box it takes you to a list of results. But if you click on the results it takes you to the home page of the forum. So if you try searching for the same phrase "Exact Phrase" there are 0 results.

Where the heck do I find this post:

[SOLVED] How can you make the K2 Search for Exact phrase - K2 ...
[SOLVED] How can you make the K2 Search for Exact phrase Added by Van Eldijk Studio's on February 25, 2011 at 12:27pm in Advanced K2 users. I am using ...
community.getk2.org

This guy solved his exact phrase problem and I can't find the post. HELP

Exact phrase search on my Joomla 2.5.4 and K2 2.5.6 site gives me a ton of results and most of them are not relevant. If you search for "heart disease" you get every article with any part of or combination of or individual words. With a lot of content it makes the search function terrible as you have to read each article to find a relevant one. Frustrating. Nothing on the Joomla forum either.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• FlyingScot
  • FlyingScot's Avatar Topic Author
More
12 years 4 months ago #65610 by FlyingScot
Replied by FlyingScot on topic Re: Exact Phrase search does not work
Wow...not a lot of support here. I solved the issue myself. Had to disable the joomla/k2 search function and install RokAjaxSearch. That took quite a bit of configuring but at least I have search capability that actually returns relevant links to articles on exact phrase.

The only problem with the RokAjaxSearch is sometimes you have to wait a couple of heart beats for the search to return the results. Sometimes it says there is nothing to match the search but if you wait a half second more...presto...really relevant search results appear on the drop down.

But the positives far, far outweigh the negatives.

I have to say I am surprised there are very few functioning (only 1 that I have found) search modules to choose from. Actually, I am really disappointed in both the Joomla and K2 communities for not designing a native search capability that works properly. What's the point of developing the "world's best" cms if the data can't be found?

More
12 years 1 month ago - 12 years 1 month ago #65611 by Kelsey Brookes
Replied by Kelsey Brookes on topic Re: Exact Phrase search does not work
EDITED - My problem was due to a modified K2 Search Plugin.

John, it looks like your problem was fixed in SVN a little while ago.

code.google.com/p/getk2/issues/detail?id=202

More
11 years 11 months ago #65612 by Odin Mayland
Replied by Odin Mayland on topic Re: Exact Phrase search does not work
I am using K2 v2.6.1

I would like to be able to always have an exact match search.