Keyword

Back-end user permissions

• Alen
  • Alen's Avatar Topic Author
More
12 years 5 months ago - 12 years 5 months ago #65617 by Alen
Back-end user permissions was created by Alen
Hello all, i have a problem with K2 User permissions in back end. I want to set up user that can create, publish and edit own items in back-end of joomla in k2 but i can't set this up. What i did is this:

1. Created joomla user and set it to Manager gave him needed permissions so he can log in to back end.

2. Created Manager K2 User Group (Post Comments: YES, Front-end item editing: YES, Add items: YES, Edit Own Items: YES, Edit any item: NO, Publish items:YES)

3. Assigned group permissions to all categories and saved.

4. Assigned User Group to User and saved

5. Under Parameters -> Permission -> Manager (Configure: Not Allowed, Access Administration Interface: Allowed, Create: Allowed, Delete: Not Allowed, Edit: Not Allowed, Edit State: Allowed, Edit Own: Allowed)

So by that logic everything should be as i wanted but it's not. I am able to create item with Manager user but i can't edit it. What am i doing wrong or is this some sort of K2 bug?

I also want to point out that joomla articles work as i want to but K2 items don't i am either able to edit everything or nothing and i want for some users to edit only their own items.

Thanks.

I forgot to mention that i am using Joomla 2.5.4 with K2 2.5.6

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
12 years 4 months ago #65618 by monkichi
Replied by monkichi on topic Re: Back-end user permissions
This is exactly my question as well. Actually I needa make sure my concept about K2 's ACL is correct ---- looking through the limited resources available on the web --- -seemingly the K2 User group is just for front end access control only?

What I wanna do is simply controlling the user permissions to some K2 categories in back-end.
I've tried to assign a joomla user of manager role with permissions to few categories (via K2's User group permission), but turn out to be with no luck. The user could still access to all categories

And while I'm trying to give up K2's ACL and switch back to the native ACL of joomla! , i discovered that the permission setting in the category which appears in the original category (the joomla! native one) was gone ! Please , correct me if i am doing something wrong.

P.S. I 'm using Joomla 1.7.3 and K2 2.5.6

More
11 years 10 months ago #65619 by cyberbrow
Replied by cyberbrow on topic Re: Back-end user permissions
Oops.

If no solution? I'm trying to use the MIJOACL, but without success, does not work.

I am a supporter of K2, hopefully someone indicate a solution, this question is for all "web", a simple search shows that the K2 before a solution as functional, gradually lost a key advantage.

I believe many are still waiting for an answer or a tip or trick that helps this issue.