Keyword

Narrowing Search Results

• Darron Perry
  • Darron Perry's Avatar Topic Author
More
12 years 5 months ago #65728 by Darron Perry
Narrowing Search Results was created by Darron Perry
Hello, I'm building a site for an art gallery with many artists represented. I just finished making all of the artist biographies and decided to begin working on the search engine and I came across a problem. When I enter a name of an artist, lets say Angel, It brings up every item that has the set of letters angel in it. She gets buried under several articles that have Los Angeles and Peruvian artists that have the word angel mentioned in their biography.

Is there a way I can get the engine to only return results based on tags and titles or at least set those with some sort of priority? Thank you for any help you can offer.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
12 years 5 months ago #65729 by Aimery Marsily
Replied by Aimery Marsily on topic Re: Narrowing Search Results
Same problem here ! It would be very usefull to be able to configure the search results with parameter in the backend, lets say in the module and give us the ability to ask the search to be only in the title, or only in the content, or only in the title + 2 extra fields, etc....

• Darron Perry
  • Darron Perry's Avatar Topic Author
More
12 years 5 months ago #65730 by Darron Perry
Replied by Darron Perry on topic Re: Narrowing Search Results
Aw, does that mean there's no current solution to this? I imagine once I start getting into covering the inventory the problem will get worse. I was hoping if someone would type in an artists name in the search bar it could be configured to return their biography at the top and then their pieces of art below. If K2 doesn't do it, are there any extensions that make it possible or a way to make the dialogue contained in the item unreadable to the search engine?

Hope I don't have to figure out how to make the search engine unnecessary. I'm not sure it can be done.