Keyword

Choose which folders appear in K2 Media Manager?

• John Brady
  • John Brady's Avatar Topic Author
More
12 years 5 months ago #65734 by John Brady
I'm curious....is there a way to choose which folders show up in K2 Media Manager? Or, can I make certain folders invisible to users with lower permissions. Ideally, I would like to be able to create a folder that holds PDFs, and other attachments, and is located outside of the 'images' folder. The folder would of course be view-able in K2 Media Manager, and there would only be one place where all the site media is stored

Sadly, the content managers who will be running this site aren't very tech savvy. If I turn this site over to the client like this,they'll easily be confused by having images managed within the K2 Media Manager in the 'images' folder, and the pdf's managed somewhere else in 'media/k2/attachments' folder.

Yes, I could just make a folder in 'images' and call it 'pdfs' or something, but if your even the least bit familiar with a general garden-variety client...you'll know that's just asking for weeks of un-ending support emails/calls and confusion from the client. You see, in their world, only images are allowed to go in an images folder. PDF's aren't supposed to go in there, and if you CAN put them there...its a bug.

I guess ultimately, it comes down to usability and not making the client wrong for being less tech-savvy than we would like.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.