Keyword

Display items by tag. Show "Read more..."

• ikerbc
  • ikerbc's Avatar Topic Author
More
12 years 5 months ago #65784 by ikerbc
When K2 articles are displayed by category, it is set to only show the 50 fisrt words of the article and then the "read more..." text. However when K2 aticles are displayed by some specific tag, the articles are shown in full length and it looks terrible. Can it be somehow configured in a way that the "read more" text also appears when showing K2 articles by tag?

Thanks!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• ikerbc
More
12 years 5 months ago #65785 by ikerbc
Bump!

Really? Is it not possible?

More
12 years 4 months ago #65786 by Giorgos Gotsis
Replied by Giorgos Gotsis on topic Re: Display items by tag. Show "Read more..."
i think it's really terible & i can't fint a solution for this.
the below orders...
www.kavdesign.net/blog/coding/modifying-the-tags-results-page-for-joomla-k2-creating-a-k2-template-over-ride/
... doesn't work for me
any help please???

• ikerbc
More
12 years 4 months ago #65787 by ikerbc
Thanks for all the overwhelming help. I could find some way to solve the problem and I'll post it here in case anyone finds the same situation as me:

Press the 'K2 Parameters' button and make sure the "read more" button is active and that the introtext is shown.

You can't set a limit to character display to the introtext when articles are displayed by tag (I don't know why). That means that all your articles will be displayed in full length unless your articles contain a "read more" pagebreak. So if your articles don't have it, you must edit them and add the "read-more" pagebreak.

Now you'll see that you can display K2 articles by tag with their corresponding "Read more..." links.

More
12 years 3 months ago - 12 years 3 months ago #65788 by Kristen
Replied by Kristen on topic Re: Display items by tag. Show "Read more..."
Thanks for your detailed explanation, I am pretty new to this and really appreciate your solution.