Keyword

Image Upload (media picker) extra field

• Otávio Augusto Soares
  • Otávio Augusto Soares's Avatar Topic Author
More
12 years 5 months ago #65795 by Otávio Augusto Soares
Image Upload (media picker) extra field was created by Otávio Augusto Soares
Hello.

I need to associate more than 1 imagem to an item. My first thought was to implement an extra field of image upload type. I figured out it's not avaiable. So i changed my efforts to implementing a k2 plugin to do that.

I'm about to create the custom element, is there a way of reusing the "image upload (browse server)" of the image tab? It would be perfect for me.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
12 years 5 months ago #65796 by william white
Replied by william white on topic Re: Image Upload (media picker) extra field
The item image is processed when you save an item, and is stored with a different name, and also in several sizes as specified by your category setting
I dont think you can reuse that button eaisly because of the file naming and processing
You could put the name of the file in an extra field and use that value to display it in an override, but you would have to come up with your own naming scheme to link the image filename to the item

• Otávio Augusto Soares
  • Otávio Augusto Soares's Avatar Topic Author
More
12 years 4 months ago #65797 by Otávio Augusto Soares
Replied by Otávio Augusto Soares on topic Re: Image Upload (media picker) extra field
Thanks for the reply.

I'm implementing my media uploader element so. I didn't found any docs about adding a custom extra field type.

Reading the code it's seems to be kind of hardcoded.

If anyone has an alternative idea it would be nice.

Thanks.

More
12 years 4 months ago #65798 by John
Is there a way to turn off image processing? I want to use native PNG files with an alpha channel and it converts everything to a JPG.

Also, how do you turn off the zoom image control?