Keyword

Creating development website from live website

• Jonathan Saunders
  • Jonathan Saunders's Avatar Topic Author
More
12 years 5 months ago #65810 by Jonathan Saunders
Creating development website from live website was created by Jonathan Saunders
I have a live website, LAMP hosted, under Joomla ver 1.5 using K2 ver 2.1 - I need to upgrade these versions.

As a first step, I am recreating the live website on my development computer. My dev computer is LAMP, and I have copied all the live website files and mysql database to it.

The dev website looks OK for the simple Joomla pages, but the one K2 page (a very simple, article-displaying blog) only displays a "Subscribe to this RSS feed" link. I have set all directory permissions to 777, but this didn't help. Everything within the Joomla/K2 administrator seems to be OK (I can see the page category, items, etc - everything is published and not checked out.)

There is one other clue: the home page displays the beginning of the first article of the blog, and has a "read more" link. If I click on this, I get a 404 error page.

Any suggestions on what my problem is?

Thanks in advance for your time!

J

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
12 years 5 months ago #65811 by william white
Replied by william white on topic Re: Creating development website from live website
Turn error reporting on highest. It (may) give an error to help you.
Check your php extensions - there may be something missing that is needed (mb_mbstring)
Have you moved sites to this environment before?

• Jonathan Saunders
More
12 years 5 months ago #65812 by Jonathan Saunders
Replied by Jonathan Saunders on topic Re: Creating development website from live website
Thanks!

My live php5 is 5.2.17, my dev php5 is5.3.10 - but in checking the phpinfo, it looks like I'm missing a bunch of stuff - will let you know the results.

- J

J

• Jonathan Saunders
More
12 years 4 months ago #65813 by Jonathan Saunders
Replied by Jonathan Saunders on topic Re: Creating development website from live website
Well! - have spent a lot of time checking the php 5.3.10 (dev) vs.php 5.2.17 (live) environments. There are differences I can't equilize (for example, 5.2.12 phpinfo shows cgi-fcgi and mime-magic sections and 5.3.10 does not).

Perhaps I should just forget about trying to make my dev environment run the current live code - and just proceed to updating Joomla from 1.5 to 2.5 and K2 from 2.1 to 2.45? From the debug info, it looks like I might actually have to change Joomla/K2 code to get this to work. Any other environment stuff I should check?

Inside the Joomla/K2 administrator, all the blog info/articles looked OK (published, featured, etc).

The home page - which successfully displays part of the latest blog article, but gives a 404 error when I click on the read more link - produces the following debug info:

404 - ??Item not found??
•You may not be able to visit this page because of:•

•an out-of-date bookmark/favourite•
•a search engine that has an out-of-date listing for this site•
•a mistyped address•
•you have no access to this page•
•The requested resource was not found.•
•An error has occurred while processing your request.•
•Please try one of the following pages:•

•Home Page•
•If difficulties persist, please contact the System Administrator of this site.•

??Item not found??

Call stack
# Function Location
1 JSite->dispatch() /home/john/www/mg3b/public_html/index.php:68
2 JComponentHelper->renderComponent() /home/john/www/mg3b/public_html/includes/application.php:124
3 require_once() /home/john/www/mg3b/public_html/libraries/joomla/application/component/helper.php:162
4 JController->execute() /home/john/www/mg3b/public_html/components/com_k2/k2.php:29
5 K2ControllerItem->display() /home/john/www/mg3b/public_html/libraries/joomla/application/component/controller.php:236
6 JController->display() /home/john/www/mg3b/public_html/components/com_k2/controllers/item.php:29
7 JCacheView->get() /home/john/www/mg3b/public_html/libraries/joomla/application/component/controller.php:308
8 K2ViewItem->display() /home/john/www/mg3b/public_html/libraries/joomla/cache/handler/view.php:98
9 JError->raiseError() /home/john/www/mg3b/public_html/components/com_k2/views/item/view.html.php:66
10 JError->raise() /home/john/www/mg3b/public_html/libraries/joomla/error/error.php:171
11 JException->__construct() /home/john/www/mg3b/public_html/libraries/joomla/error/error.php:136

More debug info from an error_log file:

[07-May-2012 14:02:58 UTC] PHP Warning: Parameter 1 to K2ModelItem::prepareItem() expected to be a reference, value given in /home/john/www/mg3b/public_html/libraries/joomla/cache/handler/callback.php on line 99
[07-May-2012 14:02:58 UTC] PHP Notice: Undefined property: stdClass::$access in /home/john/www/mg3b/public_html/components/com_k2/views/item/view.html.php on line 60
[07-May-2012 14:02:58 UTC] PHP Notice: Undefined property: stdClass::$category in /home/john/www/mg3b/public_html/components/com_k2/views/item/view.html.php on line 60
[07-May-2012 14:02:58 UTC] PHP Notice: Trying to get property of non-object in /home/john/www/mg3b/public_html/components/com_k2/views/item/view.html.php on line 60
[07-May-2012 14:02:58 UTC] PHP Notice: Undefined property: stdClass::$published in /home/john/www/mg3b/public_html/components/com_k2/views/item/view.html.php on line 65

Again, thanks for your time and any help/suggestions you can give me.

-J

J