Keyword

Some beginner questions

More
12 years 5 months ago - 12 years 5 months ago #65832 by msp79
Some beginner questions was created by msp79
Hi,

I am new to using k2 and have some questions. I am using K2 v2.5.6 (joomla 2.5).

Date:

Articles are displayed with their creation date. Is it possible to show them with the 'Start publishing' date.

Archive:

In the 'regular' Joomla article manager you can archive articles. This is quite a nice feature when you have a lot of articles. Is it possible to archive articles with K2 (i still want the articles to be accessible for visitors).

Commenting:

Setting comments to registered users only also makes the comment counter (next to read more link) disappear on category page. Is there a way to set commenting to registered, but keep the counter in on the category/blog page?

I'm also considering to use Disqus instead of the K2 commenting system. The current plugin for Disqus isn't compatible with K2 (right?). Does anyone know how to do integrate disqus manually (maybe it can be done by editing the K2 template files?)

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
12 years 1 month ago #65833 by Maurizio boscaini
Replied by Maurizio boscaini on topic Re: Some beginner questions
I've the same question here:

Maurice wrote: Archive:

In the 'regular' Joomla article manager you can archive articles. This is quite a nice feature when you have a lot of articles. Is it possible to archive articles with K2 (i still want the articles to be accessible for visitors).

maybe the only way is to add K2 Multi Category extension?
in this case would it be possible to filter a k2 tools module, setted to archive, by a specific category?

thanks

More
12 years 1 month ago #65834 by Lefteris
Replied by Lefteris on topic Re: Some beginner questions
Hi. Regarding your questions:

1. No this cannot be done.

2. K2 doesn't have an archive option.

3. The comments counter variable should be available in your K2 template files. Try this:
<?php echo $this->item->numOfComments; ?>

JoomlaWorks Support Team
---
Please search the forum before posting a new topic :)